“Large Portions, OK Food”

Las Fuentes Mexican Food
Ranked #480 of 10,410 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A friend of mine recommended this place for a quick, inexpensive lunch. Needless to say, it was super crowded, which I though would bode well. I had a vegetarian burrito, which was covered in a goopy cheese sauce and filled with tasteless beans. Certainly not what I expected. My friend's tostada looked and tasted much better. A bit disappointing, but I guess there are better choices on the menu or there wouldn't be great crowds awaiting service.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We went here for the first time today and the food was the best, also cheap! I had mole enchiladas and my wife had pork in green chile sauce. Portions are large. I read that it is often quite crowded, but we showed up around 2 pm on a Thursday and easily found seating. The parking is funky but this place is well worth it!!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The food is great! Everything is tasty and not too greasy. The staff could be a bit friendlier, but the food is consistently great.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant for the last 20 years, since It was a little 'hole in the wall'; it has expanded to a much larger place now. I have to agree with the other reviewers about the lack of parking & waiting time but the excellent Mexican food makes it worth it...I was hesitant to write this review to avoid even more people crowding my favorite Mexican restaurant. but I shouldn't be selfish...

Reviewed 18 December 2013

First off, parking is crazy. Park on the side street if you can find a spot, but regardless, its tough.

There usually is quite a long line, so I placed a phone order. Unfortunately, only one person works at the phone order desk on a crowded Saturday night, so definitely know that it will take at least 15 minutes to get out from when you walk in.

The Salsa bar is quite good, it offers a wide selection of your choosing.

The food is average. I see many comments about it either being very good or very bad. I thought it was okay, the flavor was nothing extraordinary, but it wasn't too bland either. They put a lot of guacamole and sour cream on the flautas, almost too much.

Overall, the food isn't bad, but just know that its very crowded and difficult to find parking. Not my first choice, but not the worst either.