“Great Japanese Food”

Neighbourhood: Westside
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Great Japanese Food”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

This is a place that is always busy and there is a reason for sure-GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE-The wait was worth it and the food was awesome-If you are in the area it is a great place to stop. The sushi is fresh, tasty and worth the wait.

• Visited January 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“Best neighborhood Japanese restaurant in LA.”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We must have visited the place a dozen times over the last 20 years. Each time we arrive before the place is open, stand in line to be sure to get a table as 20 minutes after opening the place if filled. It has been true evry time, lunch and dinner, weekday or weekend. Real sushi and sashimi kust like in the Tsukiji Market in Tokyo. There are a lot of dishes on the menu that you won't find in other restaurants, but prepared in home cooking style. Worth the short trip to Culver City.

Visited September 2012
“Best unagi, others good too.”
Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

This was my second trip to Samurai and I specifically came back for the unagi. We waited for it ti open at 5:30 and there was already a line to get in. We ordered the spicy scallops, the yellowtail, spider rolls and the dynamite roll. All were good. We ended our night with desert - The unagi. It is as good as I remembered from a year ago. I will be back.

Newport Beach, California
“My Friend's Favorite”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I went to Sakura Japanese with a friend who likes sushi. Since I was a neophyte, I basically told her to order whatever she wanted for lunch. We had a roll that had shrimp tempura and a little wasabi in it. We also had a dragon roll. I ended up eating crab and eel. I liked the eel even better that the shrimp. We tried a number of items and spent over $60 just on food. They did not have the urchin and couple other things. I expect a lot of that has to do with availability, since it's fresh. The wait staff was attentive and I even watched the chefs for a couple mins. It's amazing how they put things together. It's really an art. One of the chefs did half of what he did without even looking! If my friend wants to go again, I expect we will.

• Visited April 2012
Chicago
“Best sushi in U.S.”
Reviewed 18 October 2010

As an avid traveler, I can honestly say this is the best sushi I have ever had! Even something as simple as the California Roll is full of REAL delicious crab mounded so full it is popping out of the roll. The sushi chefs are wonderful with the customers and always sear my albacore even though it is frowned upon by many chefs. Seating is limited, but they move quickly to get everyone seated. Sushi is cheap too!!