“Ok if you are in the area”

Sakura Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #1,107 of 10,971 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighbourhood: Westside
Neighbourhood: Westside
Reviewed 5 December 2015

This is a small place crowded with were evidently regulars with the noise level inhibiting conversation at normal level.

The sushi was very good but nothing stood out as exceptional. The service was good and if I lived 15 minutes away it would probably be a restaurant I frequented when I wanted decent sushi.

It is not a destination restaurant!

Reviewed 30 July 2015

Tried it. My senior Tech is Japanese, so I wanted to surprise him. He refused to go because it's so noisy. Surprise, surprise.
Food was good, price was fair, but LOUD was too much. And crowded.
Gave it 5 stars for food but took one off for the noise.

Reviewed 20 October 2014

Not fancy, street parking only. Was my 1st impression. This is a place I would have never come to but we where meeting some friends that recommended it.

The sushi was ok. But for me personally I could not do it again. The place was just WAY to loud for me. I felt like I was in a school lunch room with the noise level. And the waiters was in to much of a rush to give us great service.

The cost was $185.00 before tip. That was 4 people drinking only water.

Reviewed 1 October 2014

My husband and I have been eating at this place for years, and each time we go we would get seated at a deuce table. Tonight we went early and there were tables to pick and choose from. We set at a deuce where the air conditioning unit was blowing like a wind tunnel. It was freezing! So when a table for four across the way opened up, we moved over. There were no lines, and no wait. Our normal time for a meal is 35 minutes, because the restaurant move their customers out as fast as they come in. One of the waitress was not happy we moved, came over and rudely told us we have 30 minutes to eat our meals. The food was rushed out, salads and warm soups arrived within seconds. The entrees came there after, the quality of the cooked foods were below expectations. I will think twice about going to eat Japanese foods again. I have been to another newer place at the Playa Vista commons. We will go there from now on.
Yvonne F.
Los Angeles

Reviewed 13 September 2014

The restaurant can get busy so I understood I had to wait until my sister arrived. The place is small and parking is in the back since the front of the restaurant is street parking. As I waited for my sister, repeat customers were aplenty. Service was very good and everyone happy. The food was just as delicious as ever. The price for sushi and meals were fairly priced. I felt the meal portions were very ample. I will return..later this week to bring my mom. I went midweek and waited for the restaurant to open. Within 5 minutes of opening the restaurant was almost full. They have 3 sushi chefs and the sushi bar was full.