“Food mediocre - Dishonest Valet Parking”

Quality Food & Beverage
Ranked #2,815 of 10,402 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$3 - US$27
Cuisines: American, International
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Description: Located in the heart of West Los Angeles, Quality Food & Beverage is a family-owned restaurant that was established in 1993. We offer a warm yet comfortable dining experience, focusing on freshly prepared food. It's an ideal gathering place for friends and locals alike, open in the morning for great coffee, our signature biscuits and home-made breakfast items. For lunch, we offer delicious salads, sandwiches and several vegetarian dishes. Stop in for dinner to experience a variety of new dishes, including Brussels Sprouts with Goat Cheese, Wild Mushroom and Gorgonzola Pizza, Petite Filet Mignon, Braised Lamb Shank and much, much more. Our extensive list of wine and beer will make for the perfect addition to your dinner.
Reviewed 16 June 2012

So I used to eat here on an occasional basis. The breakfast was decent - it was just a matter of whether I could stomach dealing with the dishonest valet parking. Today was the last time (and I didn't even eat) and I will NEVER go back!

The owner has valet parking but the dishonest valet parking company never got the permits from the city. We had complained to the owner before about the valet company and she could have cared less. So they would put orange cones up to block out the metered parking in front of the restaurant. We wouldn't care and would just park there anyway. Once we even saw the cops come by while we were eating and make them take their orange cone away. We laughed so hard.

So today the sign on the meter says that its a loading zone from 6 PM - 12 AM. However the valet had covered up the time. I went up to the sign and removed the band to find out that he had covered up the time. This was at 1:00 PM. When I complained to the valet, he pulls out some permit dated July 2011 but I could not see what parking spot it was for. He claimed that the city just hadn't updated the sign. Let's see - July 2011 is 11 months ago. Call me a skeptic when I say I don't believe that the valet had a valid permit for that spot. Los Angeles is not THAT far behind.

When I go out for a meal its to have a nice time, not be aggravated. There are plenty of other places to go on 3rd street. I highly recommend you eat elsewhere.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

To call the establishment "Quality" is just one of many jokes they play on their customers. Their hostess seated a party before us that arrived 15 minutes after we did. Then, when we finally did get sat, we had to wait about 15 minutes before a server even acknowledged our presence. When we made sense of their confusing and unhelpful menu, the server was reluctant and altogether rude when answering our questions. When my food came out (which was surprisingly speedy...) the poached egg on my Benedict was barely cooked. When I told our server he looked at me like I had sprouted a second head, and begrudgingly took the dish back to the kitchen. When presented with a fully cooked breakfast, I found it to be almost unedible due to the ridiculous amount of salt they threw on it.

It's no wonder there isn't a wait. Everyone else has already figured out how awful it is.

1  Thank keSabes
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 December 2008

it's been a while, but i love the challah bread french toast.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 August 2008

Love this place. Best biscuits in town.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 July 2008

Okay breakfast, but i do love their biscuits and gravy