“Great Fun! Lots to See”

and up
Hollywood Celebrity Homes Tour
Ranked #57 of 248 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Prime Time Hollywood Tours transports you into the lives of Hollywood’s rich and famous. Experience the #1 tour in Los Angeles today!
Staten Island, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Fun! Lots to See”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Fun tour. Lots to see. Tour guide Tom was fun and knowledgeable. Had some misgivings when we arrived at starting point because of questionable neighborhood but AJ was very pleasant in getting us signed in and off to a good start. View of the Hollywood Sign was not as up close as advertised but still a fun way to see the sign and get some good pictures. The tour bus is covered unlike many of their competitors which is a real plus in sunny LA. Jam packed 2 hours of sights - would definitely recommend as a fun way to see LA.

Visited July 2013

Hurstville, New South Wales, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great service and price.”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My boyfriend and I are in LA and decided that the best way to check everything out without killing our feet was to grab a tour. I had done some research before we left Australia, but after using Trip Advisor I decided to avoid Starline tours (the reviews were not as good as we had hoped). We headed up Hollywood Blvd and were greeted by the friendly team at Prime Time. Immediatley we felt at ease with a friendly, helpful guide who showed us a brochure.

While I know we were in for a bit of a spin, he gave us a price of $30 each instead of $35. The tour left on time and we had a full bus of around 12 people. What set this company apart from others was the fact our bus had a overhead cover which kept the hot sun off you! I saw other buses without this features and people were looking pretty hot!

A great tour guide was friendly and offered lots of information. He stoped as much as he could because of traffic so people could photograph.

We stopped for 10 minutes to get pictures of the Hollywood sign before taking a look at some amazing stars houses!

I highly recommend this tour; just be aware the tours do fill quickly due to the service and price, so don't expect to get on straight away! We waited 45 minutes but it was worth it.

For International tours: You are also expected to tip the tour guide after the trip. Your tip ISN'T included in your fee, so make sure you have some notes on you!!!!! They have an indicator on the back of the drivers seat and it says between $10-15 is a good tip for the tour or $20-30 is a great tour....but this price is per person! Just a heads up :)

Visited June 2013
West Yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Excellent...but!”
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

We are in LA for 4 days on a road trip so we've researched to do a sightseeing tour on tripadvisor but there was so many I gave up! We ended up booking this tour from a vendor on the street due to his knowledge and professionalism.
We paid $30 each for the 2hour and 15min tour, we visited the Hollywood sign, celeb houses,
Rodeo Drive, Beverely Hills etc.

Our guide was Mike, he was REALLY knowledgable and so lovely. The tour was very well set out, great transport and plenty of photo oppurtunities.
Like Mike said, most companies take you to Mulholland Drive to see the Hollywood sign (you still go up here) however this is about ten miles from the actual sign. This company take you much much closer, we got the best pics. Mike was explaining that the residents of Hollywood are trying to stop tour buses coming up here as you drive through their neighbourhood and they are getting massive tickets, BUT they pay the fines and still come up here but that's why the other companies don't take you this close. He wasn't wrong as only other tour companies were this tour!

For the money and what we wanted to see, this couldn't have been better and Mike made it all the better!

The only negative was at the beginning of the tour we were all sat on the bus and there were only a few spaces left (singular seats) my partner and I (same sex couple) were asked to move into the singular seats, as he had a 'couple' coming on the bus who wanted to sit together. I said we were a couple and we want to sit together, he just looked at me like I was stupid and this was infront of everyone on the bus. He made us feel so uncomfortable we moved seats. This experience would have ruined this for us if it hadn't have been for Mike( it was his colleague who made the comments).
Even at the end of the tour Mike apologised for his colleagues behaviour, without me even saying anything, apology accepted!

Overall a fab tour with a great guide, saved by Mike!

Visited June 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service above and beyond all expectations”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We had researched the plethora of tours to do in LA and accidentally went to Prime Time (we thought it was the one we had seen on the Internet). Turns out, they were great! Our guide Steve was so accommodating..... he took photos for everyone on the bus, answered countless questions and was a really nice guy. He knew so much about the celebrities homes and the all the areas we went through. After the tour when we were having lunch, my husband realized he had lost his iPod. By the time we ate, then walked many blocks to where our tour started, the team had packed up. Luckily we spotted on of the buses around the corner....with the boss in it. He phoned the depot and luckily, the iPod was in the back of the bus. The guys at Prime Time were great and we recommend them highly! The bus was great too...comfortable, open, airy but still had cover so we didn't get sunburnt. Go with Prime Time....they're great!!!

Visited April 2013
3 attraction reviews
“NOT SUPRISED AT ALL!!”
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

What an awesome way to see LA. I took my family to Hollywood for the day. And while we walked the walk of fame we saw dozens of tour companies peddling there tours. Until finally we came upon prime time tours. Their vans were beautiful, comfortable, & clean! That's why I'm not SUPRISED that the tour was as great as it was. Our guide Steve W. was the greatest. He was so interactive and informative as well as entertaining. Great personality. Anyway we spent 2 1/2 hours seeing the most amazing sights. We got so close to the Hollywood sign and were able to get out and spend 15 minutes taking photos. We saw over 30 of the most beautiful homes. No movie star sightings :-( but still, being in the presence of where they live was pretty cool. My family had a blast and that was what was most important in this world. So THANKS Steve and primetime for a great day. This is a must do for everyone

Visited May 2013