“Never lose heart!”
Review of Tanino

Tanino
Reserve with OpenTable
Tanino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,897 of 10,239 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Westside
Cross street: Weyburn/ Kinross
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have been going to Tanino restaurant for many years. When I am in the area, I make sure to visit for the insalata di carciofi and the pappardelle al ragu d'agnello. Last night, the artichoke salad was a tremendous disappointment. In the past the focal point of this simple salad was the finely chopped artichoke heart. My $18 insalata was arugula with a few poorly cut artichoke slices -- fibrous and hard. A good salad requires good ingredients and a kitchen that knows how to prepare them. Service was particularly poor as well. No one checked on our food after it was served except for the busser who frequently came by to see if we were done. Overall, this was not a fine dining experience. It was a terrible disappointment. With so many excellent restaurants, I see no reason to return here.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have traveled well all over Italy, from the best 5 star restaurants from Capri to Rome to Florence to Milan and Positano and from all the wow wow chi chi restaurants in Los Angeles and NOTHING comes close to how amazing, fantastic and delicious the food is here at Tannino's. It's the only place and in the world that I can comfortably go to knowing that I will leave happy with with the most savory delicious food. I've been going here for many years and I would highly recommend it!!
The service here is fantastic, I always feel at home as the staff and employees here treat everyone with a warm family hospitality that you can find anywhere nowadays. I always leave here happy as I feel that the I'm getting best service, amazing food where I'm always happy to return. Compared to these crazy over priced places all over town who take advantage of clients by charging double for serving what the call Authentic Italian food, Tanino's is by far the best Italian food you will have with an amazing well priced menu. I always feel I get my monies worth here, where I feel everything is we'll priced where get I get a good meal for a great price The menu here will satisfy anyone's apatite, and the price and service will bring you back!!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The pasta here is amazing. This was our second visit and both times we have loved the ravioli or tortellini we ordered. This time I ordered the beet salad also. I would skip that next time. Wonderful service, delightful atmosphere. We saw the actors from the Geffen there :) will go again!

1  Thank BnRLovetosail
Reviewed 27 February 2014

As we arrived my partner was in distress over an ill family member and had to step away for a phone call. The waitress attempted to seat us in a crowded busy section but when I asked for a quiet table due to my partner's distress she immediatly found us a quiet, out of the way, table. I ordered the Risotto ai Funghi; it was excellent. It was chilly that night in LA, so they had a nice fire in the fireplace. All in all, a very good dining experience.

1  Thank Alex G
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I dined at this restaurant for the first time tonight. My friend and I were promptly greeted by the host who sat us immediately. Our table was too small and crowded so we moved to the heated patio where we had more space. Unfortunately, after waiting for quite some time, we had to ask the host to call our server to take our drink order. Unfortunately, the service did not get any better. It took a long time to place our orders, we had to request refills of water, etc.
The food was only ok, but priced too high. Will not return

1  Thank Isunwin