“Nice little boozer with great food and staff”
Review of The Pikey

The Pikey
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pikey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #564 of 10,753 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Meandered into The Pikey for a reccy quite on the hop. Loved the style and kit out of the place with three distinct areas ; back room bar and dinging room (great little private function room I imagine), bar with dining (my favorite....red leather, walls adorned with Britphernalia, interested and skilled bar keep) and a naturally lit dining area (which I would use in the daylight hours to catch the full affect). There is something in my DNA, being London Irish, that allows me to feel the bar hanging love of this place and the be-velvet curtained darkness of the bar, perfect in every way and a reminder of home....
It feels exclusive but also very grounded in its friendliness. Its food (all sourced locally and using as many naturals as they can according to their menu) is an interesting mix........it reminds me of Prime Meats (& Frankies 457) in Smith Street, Brooklyn with a smatter of Balthazar for good measure. It's very London and NY and that's why I like it.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

One almost hesitates to write a review of this place because you don't want the secret out and keep it to yourself! The stars frequent Pikeys as well which is like jetful for popularity. It's pub style with a nice kitschy twist. The server was nice and efficient too. The food hot and the liquor decent microbrews and quality scotch, always a plus in my books.

1  Thank Colin F
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My friend chose the restaurant as part of the UK in LA plan for our visit. I was expecting a pub, and the decor is high class pub, but the food is not your usual pub grub. First of all the ingredients are organic, locally sourced farm raised produce and free range cruelty free poultry and meat. And it's all well prepared with fun variations on classic dishes. There's a good beer selection, interesting cocktails and an excellent standard gin martini upon request. The staff were engaged and informative, ready to answer questions about the menu and help with choices. Mary's vinegar chicken with Thrice Cooked Chips was seasoned perfectly with some tang and kick, but nothing over the top. The chips were baked and fried briefly ending up crisp and not greasy. My friend had the fish and chips which were also very pleasing. Certainly worth a visit.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I had the vinegar chicken and it lived up to all the hype. It's tender and not dry. They do chips justice and the mister loved his with fish. We loved the drinks we had though our memory blurred as to what those drinks were. It was Cinco de Mayo, after all. I don't think that anyone would be disappointed eating here.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Pikey seems a somewhat odd name to us English as one usually associates it with travelers living in less than ideal conditions but I loved this place. I had the Full English breakfast which was fabulous washed down with a pint of Pils, a great start to my Saturday. Will definitely return for an evening meal when next in the area.