“Amazing!”
Review of The Pikey

The Pikey
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pikey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #489 of 10,202 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

This place is excellent!! The food is delicious! The best meal I had in the Hollywood/ West Hollywood area. Great menu with something for everyone and all of their food is organic. Great drinks too! There is a very fun bar scene there too. Cool fun crowd, I saw a couple of celebrities too.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Went to this place with a friend last night. We sat at the bar and soaked in the evident atmosphere. It was fairly full and the place had a real buzz.

I am from England so it's always nice to see places trying english themed - they did it very well here - I felt right at home! Only slight letdown was that there were only 3 beers on draught. I was hoping for a few more - still one of them was Duvel - which is truly excellent. However, there is an excellent selection of bottled beers, so all was not lost.

We shared the Octopus, which was absolutely lovely. The service was friendly and quick. I think this place is great and would definitely recommend it to people again.

1  Thank James L
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We booked for lunch as a family group, with three young children. Having dined at The Pikey several times previously, and enjoyed the food and atmosphere, we were rather disappointed with the level of service. Although there were some empty tables, the kitchen seemed unable to cope, and with the children starting to complain, we had to ask our waiter for a progress report... And the check was also very slow in arriving.
On the positive side, all the dishes were tasty and satisfying - especially the fish and chips, pork sandwich and vinegar chicken.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Having really enjoyed the steak and the burgers in Bar Marmont it was suggested that we'd have a good night and good food in the Pikey-so true. We were welcomed like (new) friends and I'd rush back for the slow cooked pork with tagliatelle which is worth the trip alone. Great spot on Sunset Bpulevard, grab a beer on the small terrace before heading in to the main restaurant which has a lovely vibe and damn decent food. Will definitely go back, just wish that it could be sooner..

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Meandered into The Pikey for a reccy quite on the hop. Loved the style and kit out of the place with three distinct areas ; back room bar and dinging room (great little private function room I imagine), bar with dining (my favorite....red leather, walls adorned with Britphernalia, interested and skilled bar keep) and a naturally lit dining area (which I would use in the daylight hours to catch the full affect). There is something in my DNA, being London Irish, that allows me to feel the bar hanging love of this place and the be-velvet curtained darkness of the bar, perfect in every way and a reminder of home....
It feels exclusive but also very grounded in its friendliness. Its food (all sourced locally and using as many naturals as they can according to their menu) is an interesting mix........it reminds me of Prime Meats (& Frankies 457) in Smith Street, Brooklyn with a smatter of Balthazar for good measure. It's very London and NY and that's why I like it.