“Amazing Thai Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kinnara Thai

Kinnara Thai
Ranked #1,318 of 9,849 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Description: I think this place has been around awhile. Not sure why it's not listed on tripadvisor.
Simi Valley
“Amazing Thai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

The restaurant is in a strip mall in Van Nuys, but is modern and elegantly decorated, and the food and service are superb. I had soft shell crab in a curry sauce, which was delicious. My husband thoroughly enjoyed shrimp in a spicy basil sauce. The menu has both traditional Thai dishes and specialty Chef creations. They even have pumpkin curry which I had previously and was very good.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ReneeSimiValley

Florida
“Lucky Pick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Visiting friends in Los Angeles, we wanted to find a good Thai restaurant near Sherman Oaks. Our friends were kind of iffy about this neighborhood, but after reading the limited reviews available, we decided to give it a go.

The restaurant is in a strip mall, so we were pleasantly surprised to find an inviting, upscale atmosphere and lovely décor with a romantic theme. Service was very friendly and timely.

The menu is impressive - several pages of authentic Thai recipes. It will take you 10-15 minutes to peruse its offerings thoroughly.

Our drinks selections ranged from iced coffee to hot jasmine tea to select wines.

We chose six entrees to share among four people. Other than the pork fried rice, which was rather bland, everything else was very good. Chicken Pad See Ew, Salmon fried rice, Seafood Pad Thai, Mandarin Duck were all wonderful. The Awesome Asparagus was aptly named - everyone raved about it.

The bill for six entrees, two alcoholic drinks and two non-alcoholic beverages totaled $95 before tip - certainly not unreasonable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Kinnara.

• Visited February 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Great Thai Food..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

This a great thai restaurant. Surprised to find it in Van Nuys. The food is very very good. Never had any complaints. I go here often with my co-workers. To be honest, the girls who waitress there, i guess you could say, dress very light..:) It definitely brings a big male following, but the food keeps EVERYONE coming back. :)

My only con is the parking. its very tight parking and always full. During Lunch its hard to find parking. Get there early.. Also the parking spots are compact, so hard for suv's..

• Visited January 2014
Santa Barbara, California
“Beyond expectation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

After researching various restaurants in the Van Nuys area, I was not hopeful in finding a good/great restaurant at which to meet a friend from out of town. But what a surprise! Not only was Kinnara a lovely place to sit and enjoy our company, but the food was excellent! The only jarring element was the styling wardrobe of the wait staff - minimal usage of cloth on very cute Asian girls. Some might not find this a downside though. But back to the food - delicious! Whatever we ordered, including an eggplant dish, a chicken dish and an appetizer of spring rolls - it was sparkling fresh and lovingly seasoned. Between the decor and food, an excellent choice if you're in the area.

• Visited October 2013
Pasadena, California
“Amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I've been out to this area three times in the last 6 months and I've eaten at Kinnara every time! The person I visit eats there more regularly and introduced me to it back in March. This is the best Thai food I've had. The Topaz Shrimp is a must, yellow curry and crab meat. I've had the curry dishes and the spicy basil chicken. Everything I've had has been delicious. The atmosphere is great and it a total oasis.

• Visited September 2013