“Creative delicious food in cool space”
Review of Salt Air

Salt Air
Ranked #354 of 10,091 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Venice
Pittsburgh, PA
“Creative delicious food in cool space”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Salt Air is a small restaurant in a visually cool white space with tables separated enough to feel comfortable. The food was creative and delicious. I had a butternut squash soup with popcorn and crème fraiche that was intriguing and wonderful. The waiter was extremely friendly and informative.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank napoli96

Darien, Connecticut
“Great food, great service, nice environment”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We sat at the bar and had a veggie burger and the grilled brussels sprouts. Terrific. My friend enjoyed her salad…said, "it is just what I needed." Great place to talk -- quiet enough to understand what people are saying but busy enough to know that your next door neighbor can't eavesdrop.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rose C
San Juan Capistrano, California
“Great meal”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I like everything about this place. It's on the coolest street in LA; Abbot-Kinney, near a couple of my other LA favorites. The vibe in the room is comfortable, light and modern. And the food is really good. I had the bouillabaisse, which had a wonderful, flavorful broth, which I suspect had a stick of butter melted into it, and rather than a small piece of toasted bread floating on the soup, there were to big pieces of great toasted bread sticking into the bowl. The house salad was just right and the salmon that was poached in olive oil was described as "perfect". The only miss was the pear and rhubarb tart, which had a few slivers of fruit in a tasteless crust. All things considered, though, a great meal.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank CaTraveler7777
Hamburg
“Every single dish I tasted was exquisite”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Beautiful atmosphere, open space - enough room between each table that you keep your conversations to your self. The name fits perfectly to the place and the food is outstanding. I generally love mussels, but most of the time you get them served in white whine sauce with or without creme fraiche. These mussels were served in a coconut curry soup which was so spicy in a good way that I could have drank the whole bowl until the last drop. Fish chips were extraordinary as well as the desert: Brown sugar bruleed figs on angel cake and whipped cream - we ate everything until the last crumb. Havenly good! FYI: Fine wine selection by the way. We had a wonderful evening and they will for sure see us again - thanks to our very friendly charming warmhearted waitress!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Energyseeker
Boston, Massachusetts
“Okay courses. Crummy servers. No cocktails.”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We came here because the Tasting Kitchen was packed, wish we had just waited. I think this restaurant is missing something to make it special. The steak and seafood weren't bad, but the wine I ordered didn’t taste that great and didn't really compliment anything. It also felt like a light pour. The floors were bare concrete and the chairs felt like plastic so the ambiance wasn’t anything amazing – crowded and very noisy. The service was only okay, our server was slightly rude and other servers and bus boys ran into my elbow 5-6 times cause we were crammed in by in by the kitchen entrance.

• Visited August 2013