“Best Vietnamese food in the area”

Nam's Red Door Vietnamese
Ranked #6,145 of 10,306 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Harbor
Neighbourhood: Harbor
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Took a friend of mine who had always avoided Vietnamese food - for one reason or another- and after ordering everything on the left side of the menu plus a bowl of the House soup to share, he vows to come whenever he is town. And if you knew this friend on mine, you would also say that he promise to return does not come lightly and it is probably the best vote the restaurant could ever have!

2  Thank kimestes

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have been coming to this restaurant for 30 years. When I was young my patents would place me on the counter & I would eat fresh imperial rolls. I have been to many many restaurants searching for food even a fraction as good as Nams Red door inn & have yet to find anything that will compare. There Fresh Imperial rolls are the best ever and the Mi Xao is a favorite of mine as well. This is as authentic and fantastic as is gets !

1  Thank Vyxen
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We had lunch on Friday at this little place on Pacific Avenue. We started with the Imperial rolls served with lettuce, cucumbers, mint and cilantro. Very crunchy and refreshing. The curry and vegetables with noodles were made from fresh ingredients and made you feel good to eat something healthy. Finished with the flan which was also very light and clean tasting. There were other families having lunch and a few singles. Owner was very friendly to us.

1  Thank LGrace13
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Dismal, dour service -- bland, dangerous food. I want my $ back! Avoid!

Reviewed 11 March 2008

Several of us dine here on a regular basis (1-3 times a week.) Collectively, we list the Red Door as our favorite restaurant. One of us has ordered the Chicken Curry faithfully for over 20 years straight. One of us favors the crispy egg noodles with chicken and fresh steamed vegetables and one of us is quite daring and always orders the special. We're on a first name basis with the owner, Snow and her brother -in- law Lee, who are lovely humble people who enjoy their livelihood and share their homeland's cuisine. Like Snow and Lee, the cuisine is uniquely superb and many Pedro-ites come through their doors for take-out or dine in to enjoy this initimate dining experience that is truly one of San Pedro's best, hidden gems.

2  Thank beachraven