“Best Indian in Los Angeles”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #2,007 of 10,753 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$10 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I’ve been a customer here for almost 14 years. It’s truly one of the best Indian restaurants in LA and my personal favorite. You wouldn’t know it by the way it’s sandwiched between a 7-11, an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant, and a McD’s, but it is. On many occasions, I’ve been the only non-Indian customer here. All of their curry/sauce dishes that I’ve had are delicious, but the Mahkni and Tikka Masala are my favorite. If you’d like to sample several different things, get the appetizer platter to share with the table. The prices are great for both dinner and lunch and the restaurant is quiet with just the right lighting. The only downside is the parking lot has moved to valet-only at night. This happened at least 6 or 7 years ago, but I’ll never get used to it. I usually try to find a free spot on the street. If you’re just going for pick-up, the valet will let you park for free for the time it takes you to go in. There is another location on Ventura Blvd in Woodland Hills – same menu as far as I can tell, and just as delicious.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This place looks like a hole in the wall but when you go inside it is very nice. The service and food are excellent. Very authentic food.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
North Hollywood
Reviewed 28 December 2007

One of my hang outs. go for decent indian food. Wonderful service. Still haven't found a fantastic indian place yet though.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook