“Best Indian cuisine in Los Angeles”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #3,552 of 10,141 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$10 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 24 June 2013

It may be a bold statement, but I would go as far as saying it is the best Indian restaurant I've experienced in any city or country. Incredible nan, and rich, textures layers of curry, with both chicken and various meats tender and smoked in the wood fired tandoori oven. Usually not very busy, which is a surprise to me, since the food is just superb. Worth a visit if you love and appreciate the intricacies of Indian food.

There are newer reviews for Taste of India

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Hands down this is the best Indian food in the Valley and perhaps the best Indian in Los Angeles? It is clean and nice, but not overly fancy, but lovely enough for a quiet dinner. The saag is excellent, great dahhl, the riata is cool and refreshing. We go there almost once a week. The lunch specials are GREAT!! The chicken tandoori and the aloo goobi are both delicious. But everything is very good! We love Indian food and one day some Indian friends invited us for a homecooked Indian dinner at their home. When we got there, I looked at the food and I recognized it! I asked if they had made all the food? They admitted they ran out of time to cook everything so they picked up some of the dishes at the best Indian place. Of course it was from the Taste of India, in Sherman Oaks! Try the garlic naan, too. Enjoy!

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I’ve been a customer here for almost 14 years. It’s truly one of the best Indian restaurants in LA and my personal favorite. You wouldn’t know it by the way it’s sandwiched between a 7-11, an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant, and a McD’s, but it is. On many occasions, I’ve been the only non-Indian customer here. All of their curry/sauce dishes that I’ve had are delicious, but the Mahkni and Tikka Masala are my favorite. If you’d like to sample several different things, get the appetizer platter to share with the table. The prices are great for both dinner and lunch and the restaurant is quiet with just the right lighting. The only downside is the parking lot has moved to valet-only at night. This happened at least 6 or 7 years ago, but I’ll never get used to it. I usually try to find a free spot on the street. If you’re just going for pick-up, the valet will let you park for free for the time it takes you to go in. There is another location on Ventura Blvd in Woodland Hills – same menu as far as I can tell, and just as delicious.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This place looks like a hole in the wall but when you go inside it is very nice. The service and food are excellent. Very authentic food.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
North Hollywood
Reviewed 28 December 2007

One of my hang outs. go for decent indian food. Wonderful service. Still haven't found a fantastic indian place yet though.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook