“Wonderful!”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We had the special, pasta, salad and choice of pie, and it was delicious! The atmosphere was pleasing and was great for lunch. I would go back there :)

There are newer reviews for Marie Callender's

Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for some lunch before going to La Brea Tar Pits. It has a nice atmosphere, with pretty (a little too loud) music. I don't remember the name of my sandwich but it was a version of the turkey club that every restaurant has, except on a croissant. It was DELICIOUS! My husband got a tri-tip French dip sandwich he also loved. We both got the house drink, which was a pink lemonade (alcohol), it didn't taste even close to good enough for it's price. The waitress was a snob, simple as that. So all in all, food's good, service not so good.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

We ate dinner here our first night in LA after short visit to the La Brea Tar Pits just next door. Althought the address is on Wilshire the front door is at the back. If you are there during happy hour ask for a seat in the bar area to get the discount ($2 a beer). The food was good and there was plenty of it. I had a 1/2 rosemary chicken with mash potatoes and grilled veggies. My wife had a smoked tri tip steak which was tender and tasty. We were too full for desert.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

On my recent trip to Los Angeles, I preplanned many restaurants (which we don't have where I live) including this 'Callender's' restaurant. I had no idea that the building was actually built for the restaurant as our waitress told us, as it is so beautiful with a gorgeous historic feeling. The food was excellent, and as I wanted a little side salad, the waitress said to help myself to the salad bar at no charge. She also bought my daughter and I a piece of pie, just to welcome us to the restaurant. The restaurant was so huge (yet designed to be cozy), that I asked if they ever filled up? The waitress assured us that they were nearly always full (we had arrived quite early for lunch). I had taken my daughter to the La Brea Tarpits next door and then we drove to find the restaurant. Little did I know the restaurant was literally next door, and we should have stayed in our paid parking lot at the La Brea Tarpits while we enjoyed lunch. With the art museum just next door to La Brea Tarpits, this restaurant is an excellent location for anyone desiring a great lunch or dinner! Highly recommended!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have been going to Callendar's on the west coast for the last few years. They have one of the best salad bats I have ever run across. It has all the normal choices of lesser bars but goes over the top with huge chunks of Turkey, real bacon pieces, great soups and the best 1000 Island dressing I have ever tasted. All the locations have similar quality.