“Celeb Sightings!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Universal City Area
Cross street: Colfax
Description: The original Spark Woodfire Grill is located in a chic 2-story building just east of Laurel Canyon. The restaurant features a full bar and patio seating. The specialties of the chef include several types of mesquite grilled fish and prime steaks, as well as Spark's famous baby back ribs, Lasagna de Mauro, and thin crust roman style pizza. A private wine room is available for seating to the public as well as for special private events. An extensive wine list is also featured.
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Met some friends here for dinner and saw Jeff Probst (Survivor) and Brian White (Stomp the Yard, took me a night of sleepign to figure out where I had seen him before). Anyway, it's valet only or TERRIBLE street parking, but the food is really good. I had the Hickory Smoked Tri Tip and it was unreal!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

In the three months we were in Burbank, we ate here a total of 5 times. EVERY meal we ate was absolutely top notch!! The hamburgers, pizzas, beef, chicken and fish dishes were unbelievably delicious!!

I feel sort of silly mentioning something as basic as a side of mashed potatoes, but the Garlic Mashed Potatoes here are SUBLIME and make other places mashed potatoes seem bland....

Service was ALWAYS top notch, attentive and friendly and we never had to ask for refills on drinks....ever!!!!

HIGHLY recommended!!!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I went here with 4 business associates recently for dinner and was very impressed with the quality and diversity of the food on the menu.

All of us were very happy with our meals and service. The standard plain pizza was excellent and the selections of other varieties looked great (arugula with figs and goat cheese sounded great).

The mahi mahi was cooked perfectly with asparagus and rice. The lamb chops were tender, moist and full of flavor. The steak was cooked medium as requested, the vegetables were fresh and crisp.

The cocktails were equally as diverse and reasonably priced.

Parking is difficult, but they do have valet service.

Net-net: I'll go back next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Spark consistently has good food. Lots of choices from steak to a healthy salad. Wine list is solid and daily specials are often a must have. It is also a great place to take children. Kid's menu is very reasonably priced. Service is always good.

My only complaint is the vibe. Kind of feels like a 5 PM dinner crowd all the time if you know what I mean. Not the best date spot.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We were craving a girls' night out in a cozy ambiance with warm, comforting food. It was a bit of a frustrating experience.

THEY ARE OUT OF EVERYTHING!
Our waiter brought us our ginger drinks and said they were out of ginger (so we really couldn't order another one of the same cocktail).

He failed to mention that the kitchen was out of polenta (which was the huge draw for my ordering braised ribs). Like 20 minutes later, he came by and said, "We have mashed potatoes." I said, "I don't like mashed potatoes." He brought over the menu and pushed the mashed potatoes on me, again. I surrendered and ordered mashed potatoes. Over all, our food was salty and too saucy. Not really recommended.

ERRONEOUS CHARGES
We avoided dessert and got coffee instead. I got the French Press, he charged me a price that was higher than the one listed in the menu (odd and shady!).

INATTENTIVE
Then...this was the cherry on the whipped cream of the entire experience---I noticed there was a chalkboard wall that had specials on it. One of the specials was lamb chops. One of my dining companions and I die for lamb chops. Had we known lamb chops were even an option--I SWEAR--we would have ordered them!

When we confronted the waiter with why he didn't mention the specials, he gave a nonsensical response and was defensive.

POSITIVE
When we confronted him about the specials and the erroneous charge re the coffee press, he refunded the coffee saying the coffees were "on the house". But I think it would have been more appropriate to refund the braised ribs that I ate out of obligation b/c I really, really wanted the polenta!! Had I changed my order at that point it would have been TOO late b/c my dining companions would have gotten a true head-start on their food!

Overall, it was not that pleasant of an experience. The food was "heavy" for "grilled". The brussel sprout were swimming in grease. We were never offered "specials".

I'd rather never return...SAD!