Reviews of this hotel vary a bit - I think it depends on your expectations. Stayed just one night here for business and found it a very good "Holiday Inn Express" experience but you have to be aware of a few things. First the good -
- New hotel with all the promised amenities. Pool and exercise room are nice though a bit on the small side
- Reasonable price for L.A. Some complain about $7 for parking - it's low for L.A.
- Free breakfast (but remember it's a typical serve yourself free meal)
- Clean, large rooms
- Convenient location to some of the family oriented activities in the area.
- This isn't the best of neighborhoods. I probably wouldn't be out walking late at night on my own. It seems to be right on the borderline. A couple blocks in one direction - you're in a great area - the other direction a bit sketchy. Driving in and out, I felt perfectly safe.
All that said, it was a fine choice for my short business trip. I'd also see it as a fine choice for families with kids - assuming I have a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area is the newest and most modern hotel in North Hollywood. Our beautiful 100% non-smoking hotel is conveniently located 3 Miles from Burbank/Bob Hope Airport, just 1 Mile from the 170 Hollywood Freeway and minutes from US-101, I-5 and I-10. Guests will love our convenient location with close proximity to popular destinations such as Universal Studios Hollywood and CityWalk, the Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood Walk of Fame, TCL Chinese Theatres, Dolby Theatre, Downtown Los Angeles, Staples Center, Microsoft Theater and LA Live, Los Angeles Convention Center, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dodgers Stadium, J. Paul Getty Museum, the L.A. Zoo and a short drive from Rodeo Drive shopping, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland and California Adventure Land. Guests will experience luxurious accommodations and a plethora of amenities such as a complimentary Breakfast Buffet featuring a variety of hot morning favorites, Outdoor Pool, Business Center, Fitness Room, Conference Room, Wired and Wireless High Speed Internet Access. Nestled in North Hollywood and surrounded by majestic mountains, we offer a centralized location between Burbank, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Los Angeles, as well as a short distance from Orange County and many famous California beaches. You’ll feel like a star at our 2016 IHG Torchbearer Hotel Award winning Holiday Inn Express, so Stay Smart! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.