“Came for tapas.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch
San Clemente, California
“Came for tapas.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I came to LA and had some time to kill before my dinner. Was a little hungry and wandered in the Farmer's Market. I came across Little Spain and decided to try it. I am happy I did. I shared some stuffed peppers with goat cheese and empanadas. I liked them both. The lady from Spain that worked there was really nice. They also validate your parking. If I lived in Los Angeles I know I would eat here. Its casual, fast, friendly, and the food is good. Price is nice also.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Los Angeles, CA.
“It's OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

The food at this restaurant is ok, the prices are not crazy but, to be honest, it is a little overpriced. Taking apart the jamon serrano and the other cure meats, it does not cost too much money to make a paella or a tortilla, there is no reason to charge $19 for a plate of paella that, in Spain, it would be a good portion for one person and it would be part of a "menu del dia", specially since this paella is not cooked with the "bomba" rice, the proper rice for this dish because "it is expensive to bring it from Spain" (this is what I have been told at this restaurant).
If you are curious about food from Spain you can try this restaurant but don't think you are tasting authentic Spanish food, stick with the tortilla and some montaditos but that about it.

• Visited October 2013