“Chef's Famous lasagna”

Neighbourhood: Westside
LA
“Chef's Famous lasagna”
Reviewed 1 September 2008

My friends and I found our selves in the mood for some really good lasagna one night. But unfortunately Mio Babbo's concept was a disappointment. First of all they use shredded beef that was a little tough. Then for some reason there was a large ball of ricotta cheese in the center of each serving. The pasta was also odd for lasagna, it was cut in to tiny 1/2 inch by 1-inch strips and there wasn't much of it to begin with. The sauce was good but the rest of this mess just ruined it for all of us.

I never written a review but I felt compelled. Because I can't believe this can be anyone's favorite "Chef's Famous lasagna"

Pasadena, CA
“A rare restaurant in Westwood with heart and quality, no attitude”
Reviewed 26 July 2008

Recently we roamed Westwood vainly looking for a nice restaurant that was both unpretentious but classy, small and comfortable.

We also hoped to find one that had fresh tasting, thoughtfully prepared food at reasonable prices, with good service and a warm atmosphere. A tall order indeed, especially in Westwood.

We peeked into Mio Babbo's. It felt comfy and the staff looked busy, but not hurried. The ambiance lured us in, and we were seated at a nice table. The service was prompt & courteous, they made a substitution for me with no hesitation, the food was really all we could have expected (e.g., perfectly cooked risotto, a rarity in L.A.!) The wine list was ample without being over-the-top, and the prices for everything were quite reasonable.

I can't think of a better set of standards for a restaurant, and Mio Babbo met 'em all! I'm going back next time I'm in West L.A.

1 Thank drfertig
San Diego, California
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 11 February 2008

My fax to the owner:
My husband and I came to visit my son at UCLA and then on to Westwood for dinner on Sat 2/09/08. Your restaurant was busy, which indicated that it must be worth the half-hour wait. We were shown to a booth at the very back of the restaurant and amidst the noise, proceeded to wait. We were given our menus promptly, but received no bread or water glasses. The food took a long time to come to our table, and no one returned to find out if we were happy with our meal. After having been left alone to finish our meals, a waiter finally came to see how we doing and to give us the check. He forgot to return the leftover lasagna I wanted to take home. We had to ask for it. Then, as we were sitting there talking , the host had the nerve to come up to us and ask us to HURRY UP because there was someone waiting for the booth! Never have I had someone tell me to do this! We will not be coming back to your restaurant. You ceiling tiles need changing, the decor is old and your service is terrible. And I prefer my Italian mother's cooking!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved Mio Babbo's Ristorant”
Reviewed 27 January 2005

We had dinner here recently and it's a charming place with great prices. I'm married to an Italian and the food was authentic (I'm sure there was a nonna in the kitchen making the food). If you're looking for a good restaurant with reasonable prices in this area, try it!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member