“Fun! entertaining! Great drinks and service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Ivan Kane's Forty Deuce
Ranked #115 of 332 Nightlife in Los Angeles
California
“Fun! entertaining! Great drinks and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2009

I absolutely loved this place! it was sexy but definatley not sleezy! the dancers were beautiful and definatley had great training in the dancing area. The band was amazing, it was so fresh to have live music instead of a DJ. We did have reservations so it was very easy for us to get in, we went on a saturday night for a birthday party. The staff was great, our waitress was on top of everything! i would recomind going, i know i am for sure going back. i really want to try the one in Vegas!

Beverly Hills, CA
“Bachelorette Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2009

We went to Forty Deuce in LA for my best friends Bachelorette Party and it was fantastic! We went in May of 2008 and our experience was very different from the other reviews. The 6 of us decided not to make reservations and showed up all dolled up. The bride wanted us to all wear corsets, which I am sure improved our acceptance into the VIP seating and stage dancing. The jazz music was smooth, the dancers were gorgeous and the drinks were priced right on par for LA. My favorite part was the dancer who hung from the stage beads, she was flexible like a gymnast. I have and will continue to recommend this place for a girls/guys fabulous night out. Just make sure you have someone to go home to because you will leave there feelin' hot!

L.A.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Don't go there unless you look like a super model”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2007

We were a party of 24 for a bachelor & bachelorette outing. We called in advance to make reservations & we were told we didn't need any. We arrived @ Forty Deuce Friday at about 9pm. I was the first to get off the limo and proceeded to speak w/ the bouncer. The bouncer indicated where my party should stand to get carded. Every thing indicated that we would have no problem getting in. Until, the bouncer had a visual of the people in our party. Maybe we weren't trendy enough, slim enough, beautiful, light complexion enough ect... The point is we were rejected. We felt very offended by this not to mention humiliated. I have been to many Vegas setting Ultra Lounges & bars and never have I been treating this way. The bouncer’s exact words were "You should move on to plan B because tonight is not happening for you here". He could have said that when I first approached him but like I said he was being selective towards the other members in our crowd. So, again if you are not what they are looking for ....You better look into plan B because it won't happen for you there. Look elsewhere for fun. Go to Crazy Girls instead have a drink & enjoy a good dancer.

5 Thank ADDY7
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Would be better if they were organized”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2007

I was really looking forward to doing something special for my new husband for Valentine's day. I was VERY excited when I got a call from Forty Deuce that there had been a cancellation and I was bumped up from the waiting list to a reserved table. I didn't want to go and have to stand the whole time, and really thought the $75 minimum bar tab was worth seats - and being Valentine's, I could easily spend that on some champagne.
Well, being that it was a Wednesday night, I didn't really want to drag all the way to Hollywood from Venice but because we had reservations and would be charged $75 if we didn't show - we got in a cab and $50 later we were at Forty Deuce. Unfortunately - whoever took my reservation, including name and credit card number, never bothered to tell the club manager or doorman, and we did not have reservations. The woman on the phone hadn't given me a confirmation number or anything - so basically we had to pay the $20 cover that would have been waived and stand all night.
When we talked to the manager he said, "well, we have a full list and I pretty much no everybody on the list, so I don't think they will be any cancellations". My husband thinks possibly all of the club manager's friends made the list and we were therefore bumped.
It was very disappointing and to top it off - the "rock show" - although I loved the music overall - didn't lend itself to the burlesque type show the jazz trio does.
Two recommendations if you do go: go on the regular night, not for Royal Jelly (the rock show) AND be sure to get the name of the person you talk to if you make a reservation. Even then, don't expect them to honor your reservations. Overall it was very unprofessional. OH - and all bar tabs include an AUTOMATIC 20% gratuity. The bartenders were great, and I would have tipped them that much anyway, but it was annoying to be forced to do so.

8 Thank LizinChi