“Great value!”

Ranked #116 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Buffalo, New York
“Great value!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

For the price and location, this motel was great! It's less than a block to Hollywood Blvd and about a 10-15 minute drive to the Walk of Fame & Hollywood/Highland. It's also very close to great views of the Hollywood sign which was my favorite part. Room was perfect for what we needed for our one night stay. Comfortable bed, hot shower and plenty of space. Pool is cute too but we didn't have a chance to use it. Only complaint is the hairdryer didn't work and no one ever came to fix it or bring another one. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for somewhere cheap, close to attractions and a great value. I would stay here again :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
redhill
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Great motel just a 20 minute walk from the walk of fame and Chinese theatre.
Large rooms with big bathrooms. Fridge and microwave .
Free parking, great free wifi even round the pool.
Free breakfast that consisted of two types of cereal , bananas, coffee , orange juice, and bakery supplied Danish, pastries and doughnuts.
Helpful and friendly staff.
Woth the money we paid.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My friend and I stayed for 4 nights were pleasantly surprised by the clean, spacious room we had. The walls are quite thin though, so you can really hear other people talking, slamming their doors shut, flushing their toilets, etc. The front desk were...polite but service could have been improved. It took a minute or two for them to assist us checking in, he seemed more interested in watching the TV instead. I went in once to enquire about the train timetable and what time the last train was, and got an 'I don't know', but no offer to assist us find out. Someone did help us rebook a Disneyland tour at the last minute though, when the incompetent company we originally booked with cancelled.

Location wise it is quite good; it's near a train station and 3 stops away from Universal City, and it's about half an hour of easy walking down Hollywood Blvd to the Walk of Fame/Chinese Theatre area. The breakfast they provided mainly consisted of some bananas, very sweet OJ, coffee, croissants and doughnuts.

Beware the original picture with the huge looking pool; the angle it is at is quite misleading and the actual place is quite run down-looking, and the pool is not as big as it seems. There's a Jumba Juice/Starbucks closeby, but not much else. At night it was quite quiet around the area so I probably would not stay here again, although it was quite reasonable for the price we got it at.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have a lot of bags or heavy ones request a ground floor room so you...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Al L
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed here for four nights. This inn is very close to Griffith Observatory, which allows you to get a good look at the Hollywood sign. Is is conveniently located near freeway entrances, metro station, bus stop, Armenian Town, Thai Town and the Hollywood Walk of Fame. It is between Sunset Blvd. and Hollywood Blvd. on Western.
The inn itself looks really plain on the outside but once you check in and go to your room, it's not bad. My room had a microwave and fridge. The room itself was spacious and clean. I checked for bed bugs and my bed was fine. We had a free parking space as well.
The Inn includes free wifi and breakfast. The breakfast has coffee, fresh donuts and crossiants. There is sometimes bananas if you are early enough. I missed out one day.
I find the location to be pretty good because it's close enough to everything and I walked to the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I do say at, and this is not a reflection of the Inn, in between the Hall of Fame and Western, the street gets a little sketchy. So I recommend driving. I mean nothing happened but it's just the feeling. On Hollywood Blvd on the right side (East) entering Thai town has a lot of food options. There's a lot of food surrounding the area. Overall I enjoyed my stay and if I were to go to LA again, I would come back since it was pretty well priced for the location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Choco_robba
Long Beach
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We wanted a place to stay after a night out in Hollywood - this suited our needs perfectly! The rate was very reasonable for the area. The hotel is modest but clean and warm - the bathroom sink offered extremely hot water! Comfortable beds, free parking and a few items to nibble on in the morning from 7-9 a. - cold cereal, bananas, small croissants, coffee and tea.

The Metro is only one block away and we were able to use it both going out and coming back to the hotel. We found no cause for concern walking back from the subway to the hotel around 2 a.m.

We will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: As always, when traveling bring your earplugs and sleep mask. The rooms in the building we were ass...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

The metro station just nearby about 100m, the security around the hotel is not bad, includes the free parking lot and simple breakfast, nice hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed 16 January 2014

From the outside/neighborhood, the place seemed potentially dubious, but as soon as I met the staff and saw the rooms, it was awesome. The rooms were clean newly-furnished and freshly floored and painted, breakfast was good, free wifi and cable TV worked well, there was free parking, and the location was super convenient.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family