“A place of pure charm in the middle of the busyness of Hollywood...”

The Hotel Hollywood
Ranked #10 of 90 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Brodhead, Wisconsin
“A place of pure charm in the middle of the busyness of Hollywood...”
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We travelled to Hollywood to see our son. We found this charming, well cared for jewel in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of Hollywood. Clean, updated, comfortable and welcoming are only a few of the words I can use to describe the Hotel Hollywood.
The staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. They are knowegable about the area and pointed us in the right direction. Friendly, courteous, service orinented and a fun bunch to spend time with...we wanted to stay and just visit with them!

Thank You staff, for a deflightful stay. We will return and recommend you to others without reservation!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Nutley, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 August 2010

This Hotel, by far, exceeded any & all expectations I had for a $60/night establishment. Newly renovated rooms and prime location make this an excellent value for the price. Now granted its not a "W" or the Renaissance but if your not looking to spend $200+ per night then you can't compare it to them. If your budget is under $100/night this Hotel is the jackpot. The location of the hotel is less than 10 minutes walk from the very best Hollywood Blvd has to offer. I didn't ride a cab once to Go to all of Hollywood's unique food establishments as they all were litterally around the corner. Katsuya is Celebrity frequent and its on Hollywood & Vine which is around the corner from the hotel and Drai's night club at the W hotel is across the street from that.

I have never paid less than $100 per night for a hotel so close to all of the action, mainly because they are all roach motels. I wish I had taken pictures of the room to show you how comfortable they are.

Now nothing is perfect so if ou can get past the following then like I said this place is the jackpot, but if you can't then you must really like to pay more than $200 a night at hotels.

1st, getting housekeeping to actually clean the room is a hassle. But if you tell the Concierge (Dustin was the guy I had) he will get right on them everyday when he sees you leave

2nd late at night there are people hanging at the 7/11 across the street. No one will bother you but sometimes the sheer number was uncomfortable when walking into the hotel at night

3rd small rooms, its not alot of free roaming space in the room but at the same time there shouldn't be much time spent in the room. Its L.A. get out and do something!

Ok, to sum it all up. STAY HERE if you want to save money.

Dustin is the man, he knows everything you need to know and he's even good for some convo while your in the front trying to find something to do!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Booked this hotel because of its proximity to Universal Studios. We arrived early in the morning & staff were very accommodating. They arranged a tour to Universal with a pick up in 45 mins of us arriving. We had a great day & loved the pickup & drop off tour service. Reception staff recommended a local Mexican restaurant which was excellent - we ate just like a local. Breakfast was a surprise. Lots of variety & the freshly made waffles were a highlight.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SStrekers
coppell
Reviewed 17 October 2009

I was pleasantly suppressed to have found such an upscale looking place and rooms for the rates. I felt like i was staying at one of those upscale hotels for the price of those economic motels. The rooms were well maintained and clean with the linens looking fresh and new. The bed and bedding was all so looked clean and all so new looking. The location was located in a perfect spot, with in a block of all the sits and restraint but not directly in the path. I would deffantly recommend this place to all those who would like to stay in the Hollywood down town area.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Detroit, MI
Reviewed 16 October 2009

I was checked in by a very friendly man. He seemed to have a feel for the city and the surrounding areas. The computers in the lobby were set up so that I could click on an icon (transportation, movies, shopping etc.) and it would take me right to what I was looking for. The staff there is very friendly. There is a few places to eat and a CVS all within a block of the hotel. I was able to walk to the famous Hollywood and Highland shopping area and several nightclubs during my stay. Although I was weary of staying near Hollywood Blvd because of the reputation of hookers transients and drug pushers I found that I felt safe walking in the neighborhood. There were refrigerators and microwaves in the room as well as flat screen television and Direct TV. This is a historical building with modern amenities. I would recommend this for a traveler on a budget. I would like to thank Bruce for being very helpful throughout my stay!!!!

Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank MsGoAllOver
Yucca Valley, CA
Reviewed 16 October 2009

This hotel is in a historical building in the heart of Hollywood, CA. When I first got there I thought that this is not modern enough for me. But I was greeted by a charming man by the name of Bruce. (He reminded me of a favorite uncle.) The lobby had a flat screen tv and two computers that were for guests to use. I was a little upset to find that there was no parking and I had to pay $20 a day to park. THe room was clean and the bathroom looked as if it had just been modernized. There was a mini fridge and a microwave there so I was able to save money on a few meals. They provide satellite television, wireless internet (you provide your own computer) There are irons and blow dryers at the front desk for hotel guest use. I liked that housekeeping only came if you requested it. (I am a green girls so saving water etc is important to me.) THe hotel is located in the heart of Hollywood so it is a sightseeing dream. I loved the historical pictures that are hanging in the hall ways!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Seattle
Reviewed 25 August 2009

I stayed at this place for a week- it was clean, the bed was comfy, the management was great, and the location was wonderful! I was initially skeptical because the rate was so low, and when I got there there was some renovation going on- but all I can say is that my experience was VERY good, and I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business