“So so!!!!!!”

Neighbourhood: Harbor
New York City, New York
“So so!!!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

It's always a hit or miss at Think Bistro or at any of the other locations own by the operator. Some of them have closed or have been sold, I understand. Our experience started nicely, we did not have a reservation and they accommodate us quickly. The server who greeted us was pleasant and smiled a lot. We like that. We sat at a 2 top and although I enjoyed the closeness and the cozy feeling, I found it hard to converse without everyone being able to hear what you are saying. The tables are crowded with too much stuff for the size of the table. The service was decent with a cheap version of what fine dining would be, the wine list was varied with a little bit of everything, but the wines by the glass were expensive. Our food was good but not memorable, the portions are small for the price. Nothing really bad about the whole experience but nothing great, that I would make it a regular place to visit.

• Visited September 2012

Newport Beach, CA
“Slow and Slower”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

Our group of 8 was promptly seated, but after that things were ... slow ... slow ... slow. Our server was very sweet and friendly, but kitchen staff must have been overwhelmed because we waited and waited for our dinner orders to arrive. Server came out to apologize, but still we waited. And for what? Food was mediocre. They ran out of the daily special trout, ran out of lamb. Chicken Marsala was tough and tasteless. Duck entree not edible, sent back. Sorry to write a negative review here, since I've enjoyed the other location Think Cafe very much. Hoping for better next time at Think Bistro.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank HeresToGoodTimes
lancaster
“Faithfull patron to both locations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2007

Unlike the previous comment, I enjoy the atmosphere it is friendly and not uptight. I also enjoy the fresh pasta, and breakfast creations. The best thing about both locations especially the cafe is...even if it's not on the menu they'll make it for you ...

Los Angeles, CA
“Avoid! There are so many much better restaurants close by!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2007

Avoid Think Bistro!

The food is sub-par for the price. This is true for both locations.

If you want pastas - go to Neil's or Raffaello's.

If you want meats (steak or lamb or pork) - go to the Cooper Room.

I have tried Think Bistro a couple of times and thought afterwards - what was I thinking???

2 Thank av455