“STILL GOOD BUT SOME OLD FAVORITES ARE GONE”
Review of 94th Aero Squadron

94th Aero Squadron
Reserve with OpenTable
94th Aero Squadron is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,135 of 10,140 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: North San Fernando Valley
Cross street: Woodley and Roscoe
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My wife's family has been going to the 94th Aero Squadron in Van Nuys for many years for various special occasions. We have also celebrated some personal milestones at this restaurant. The service and food have always been good however, they have made some changes to their menu that have detracted from the experience. They used to always have french onion soup (which was wonderful) and my wife always looked forward to having their bouillabaisse. Both of these menu items are gone. Their menu is also somewhat less extensive than it used to be. Though the prices are not cheap, the good service, good food, and unique view of the Van Nuys Airport runways still make it worth a visit for a special occasion.

There are newer reviews for 94th Aero Squadron

Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time for Mother's Day brunch. The ambience was wonderful, the assortment of food was spectacular. However expect to wait about an hour if you are going on a holiday and to their all you can eat brunch. The restaurant was overbooked, and everyone seemed to linger on more so than usual. All-in-all it was a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I haven't been for many years, so took advantage of a trip to the area to take my wife. It was, by coincidence, Valentine's Day. Although we got there close to 4 p.m., they weren't serving lunch, but a special (higher priced?) Valentine's Day menu all day. I had steak, at just over $40, and my wife had salmon (farm-raised). Both were very good. We did have dessert, since there was a special one for the occasion. No booze. Total bill, withtip, came to a bit over $120. Nice views of the general aviation Van Nuys Airport. We did see a couple of very large private jets. The restaurant is on a very quiet street, so easyto miss. A few blocks from the restaurant is a special public viewing area for the airport, with historic photos of the airport and speakers with control tower chatter.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

My husband recommended this place and we went for a late lunch today. The food was excellent! Complimentary (excellent, hot and soft) sourdough bread, came with fresh pesto, and butter! The meals were fabulous! My husband had fish and chips, and I had a fresh salad with a grilled chicken breast. We had a window seat, and watched planes, trains, helocopters, and the restaurant's resident ducks. The service was great; all staff was friendly and attentive. I have always liked the Proud Bird, but this restaurant is closer, far more affordable (Proud Bird applies extra charges (15/18%--can't remember) to the bill in addition to what you pay for tip) and the food is just as excellent. I highly recommend this gem! Very accessible to the entire SF Valley... and very close to the LAX FlyAway right down the street! And, by the way, I LOVED the decor... quaint, older building, round wooden stairs, and wonderful WWII ambiance. Thanks for a great dining experience!!!

1  Thank Sheila M
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Visiting the area on business and was told to check out this restaurant which is practically on the airport runway, as other reviewers have mentioned. The restaurant does not have a lot of vegetarian options, but the day I visited they did offer a buffet which made vegetarian dining much easier. The service was mediocre even though the restaurant wasn't very busy when we visited - it took forever for the server to present us with our check when we were clearly done eating. On a positive note, aside from the location, probably my favorite part of the restaurant was the WWII-era feel, the exterior presentation and the tons of WWII (and older!) memorabilia all over the walls. Definitely a neat place to visit, at least once!

1  Thank p0wdergirl1