Orange Drive Hostel
US$334
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$239
US$319
US$256
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$297
  • Beachfront
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
US$565
US$333
US$309
US$635
US$360
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$335
US$302
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshollywood boulevardshared bathroomgreat locationa private double roomdressing tablemake your own wafflesother guestsstayed here for nightswax museumminute walkfree breakfastsanta monicafamedormvaluablespedrocomputers
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've stayed in early October for three nights in a double bedroom with ensuite bathroom. It was a basement room with almost no sunlight and the bathroom was odd but clean. It is steps away from the walk of fame and the staff was uneven: some nice and helpful others useless.

I could stay there again but I would definitely search for something better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
orangedrivehostel, Public Relations Manager at Orange Drive Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Hello Jordi,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We do our best to take feedback from our guests and use it to improve our hostel. And we're currently making changes to that guest room.
Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I have stayed here twice and have loved both times!
So value for money and LOCATION!
Just off Hollywood boulevard so your not getting all the main road traffic and in a nice little coldesac.

First time I stayed with 2 girlfriends and we had the private room with shared bathroom which was fine, we didnt see any other guests in the bathroom the whole time!

Second time I stayed with my partner for a week in the private room with ensuite. It was exactly like a hotel only in a big house!!
We looked at some hotels in the area and they were all soooo over priced!
The only thing it doesnt have is a pool and A/C but we just opened windows. We were there smack bang in the middle of summer as well so didnt have a problem with the room and heat.

Great little kitchen.. we brought some cereal and milk to cut costs a little as we were at the end of our 5 week USA holiday.

FYI no elevators and a few stairs so you will need to drag your luggage up stairs if your on level 2 or 3.

Would really recommend this for singles, couples, friends etc

They also have a bar crawl that me and my partner did which was fun and a great way to meet a whole bunch of other people! :)

I have lots of photos of my trip on my blog

Enjoy your trip! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello from Orange Drive Hostel,
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon.
Best Wishes!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We just couldn't decide if we liked the place or not. We arrived very late after a horribly long flight and then transfer from the airport. We just wanted to check in and crash. Despite hinting this, and then clearly saying this to the receptionist she still continued to talk incessantly about unrelated things for ages. I like a friendly, chatty and helpful receptionist, but this particular person was talking about themselves for far too long. Midway through the check in process she started having a social chat with another guest/member of staff. The whole process took far longer than it required. I will sound like one of those snotty reviewers here, but she was definitely lacked awareness of her guests needs. After probably 20 minutes - no exaggeration - she finally finished the check in process. She gave us a tour of the building which again took far longer than needed (by this time we were pretty grumpy - note the second sentence of this review). We eventually got our key and went to bed.

The room was pretty good. It was at the very top of the building but there was lots of space and the bathroom was just across the corridor. The place was clean and comfortable so no complaints there.

The location of the place was not bad either, although in hindsight we probably shouldn't have booked to stay in the hollywood area. There are better places in and around LA to choose.

On the morning of our check out a film crew had moved in to the reception area and taken over pretty much the whole ground floor of the hostel. Sounds cool and very 'hollywood', but it was pretty chaotic and fighting your way through loads of people to get checked out and then leave was kind of annoying.

The place was 'ok'.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

We are sad to hear that you did not have the best experience at check-in. We are always happy to hear from our guests so that we can improve. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Kind Regards, Orange Drive Hostel

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed in the hostel in early august (2013) and simply loved it!
The location is perfect: right on the corner of Hollywood Boulevard, but in a calm street where you don't have to listen to the traffic or any other noises. So you are in a peaceful place, but you also have EVERYTHING near you: brand stores, starbucks, CVS's, restaurants, subway, bus stop, malls, Chinese Theather, Madame Tussards, Disney Store, etc.
The spaces inside the hostel was great. Our room was excelent: clean, fresh and light. The sheets were soft and clean and so the bedcover was. We also had a bathroom inside our room and it was great, even thought its door was made of glass (the door that separate the bathroom from the room).
The hostel had a very complete kitchen, with everything you could imagine, and they offer pancakes and coffee for breakfeast. This is great. The common space was really good either.They had confortable sofas, tables and, again, the space was very clean and light. They also had ATM machines inside, and food machines and computers. Ah, they had free WIFI. :D
The staff was wonderful. They were pretty receptive with us and gave us tips about where to go or what to do. They also had a list with all the main attractions of the city and how to get there by public transportation (like, take the bus X in street Y and stop in street Z). It was really usefull for me that didnt get a car to my trip.
Honestly, I've been to many hostels in the world and this one was, so far, the best i've ever been. The price was good, the place, the location and the staff too. I felt so good about everything and I can tell for sure that it wouldn't be the same with I stayed in a Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

We are Happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Best Wishes, Orange Drive Hostel

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Can't fault this hostel on location as it's only a 2 minute walk from hollywood boulevard. However, despite being an old building, I find it unbelievable that there was no air conditioning of any kind, would it not be plausible to install some fans? I never looked forward to going back to the hostel as I knew how hot and stuffy it would be. The staff were helpful but one of them owned a dog that was always casually walking round which made the place feel a bit dirty, it was also barking all the time.

• Stayed: August 2013