All reviewsrooftop barunited artistsmedium roomla chapterexposed concretestumptown coffeehipster hotelloft roomcool hotelrestaurant downstairsbody washmini barroom servicegrand central marketthe ground floorshower curtainvalet parking
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My teenage daughter and I enjoyed our trendy stay at the Ace Hotel. It was nice to experience
the downtown area and see how things are improving. The staff was helpful, room was quiet,
and comfortable. I never even got to the roof top bar, but was able to get to experience a sold out premier next door at the theater. Parking is steep, $38. per night for guests. The cafe meal in the morning was fabulous!! Enjoyed our stay! Great place to stay if you are visiting USC, 10 mins away.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ace D, General Manager at Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Come visit again and we'd love to show you Upstairs personally! It really is a great space, the view is amazing, and I'll be glad to show you the Theatre as well in case you missed it!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here recently for the GBTA convention, and absolutely loved the hotel. The design was terrific, particularly the gorgeous bathrooms with white subway tile and retro/industrial fixtures. What impressed me most about my stay was the great service, I really thought the staff was super friendly and helpful, starting with my check-in experience and throughout the stay. I also ate with some colleagues in the restaurant several times, and we all thought the food was AWESOME, and the service at the restaurant was very friendly and laid-back too.

In reading the other reviews, I think some people have been put off by the appearance of the staff, granted the "uniform" is sort of a hipster vibe, but everyone I encountered was VERY friendly and helpful. I think this hotel is doing a great job hitting that sweet spot between hospitality and cool. I'd stay here again, and it makes me want to try other Ace hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Parley S

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed your stay during GBTA. We're proud of our staff, it's always great to hear such praise. Hope you're able to come back soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The coolest university dorm that you never had in an architectural gem of a building. Add staff that are engaged and engaging; professional and laid back. Great combination. Start and end the evening at the rooftop bar then toss in amazing, yes, amazing breakfast the next morning. Another great property for the Ace Hotel group and a great addition to downtown LA. It may seem the area is a bit sketch but you are close to many great attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

So glad you enjoyed Ace DTLA! Hope you make it back soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Prior to arrival I had issues w/resv, once there record player had needle missing they never came to replace, over an hour for fresh towels and wash clothes, the kicker MY IPAD WAS STOLEN! They refused to provide me with a lock key report, or camera footage showing the entries! We were here for GBTA and my colleague had cigarettes stolen from his room, someone charged drinks to my room when I was in bed asleep. She removed it but how does this happen? My uber driver said he's heard of the theft from other passengers that stay there!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Nelbway73

I'm sorry about the experiences you encountered on your stay during GBTA. We do not have such issues but I am personally following up with the team on your lost items & mischarge in the outlet; this is not the norm at Ace and we take it seriously. Please feel free to contact me directly as well.

Jason.deibler@acehotel.com

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal before the theater at LA Chapter - restaurant for the Ace hotel. Great watermelon appetizer salad. Delicious lamb steak for main. My partner really loved the salmon. Great experience. Gosh how Downtown LA has changed. Very New York

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Philip,

thanks for the kind words! I love the watermelon salad as well. Soooo happy with all the great new additions our Chef continues to share. Hope you enjoyed the Theatre as well!