“Good for the price!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Hollywood / Los Angeles
Ranked #180 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I spent a night here and I thought it was amazing value for what your received. They provided the basic essentials as well as a clean room and bathroom. The safe are friendly and honest and it has an overall good vibe.

Not to mention the location. Right next to the Hollywood walk of fame and 4 miles to Universal studios, a short walk to the metro line with shops, restaurants and fast food chain literally across the road. Entertainment is never to far away and there are constantly taxis outside so traveling is easy whatever time of day or night you decide to.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janine_T92
Anish P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Hollywood / Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you for being our valued guest! We credit our success to providing good service and clean accommodations at affordable prices. We look forward to your next visit.
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations for our best rate guaranteed 323-466-8521, we look forward to your next visit.
Anish Patel G.M

Reviewed 10 August 2013

If all you need is a bed, then this place works.

However, if you want service, don't expect it.

I called the morning of my arrival and asked for an early check in as I was driving 2 hours into LA for my friends wedding. I was told that it would be no problem. When I got there, the desk attendant was so rude it was ridiculous. I told him that the person who answered the phone said I could check in as I wanted to change clothes real quick. This guy would not budge. He had no intentions of making my day any better.

Internet did not work. I could not get their user name and password to take and it kept timing out. Was I going to call down and ask for help? Nope. After the way I was treated, there was no way I was going to go through that again.

The rooms clearly smell like old cigarettes. I think cleaning the carpets would be a decent investment into making this a better experience.

Americas Best Value Inn gives this place 5 stars, or whatever they use to rate their hotels. It's 2 at best.

I've been treated better at Motel 6 and I've gone back to some M6's because I was treated well. I know the rooms are nothing to write home about, but when you got someone whos' helpful friendly - that is worth the money I spend.

I won't be coming back. It served its purpose, but it's not designed or run to with the hope that they will get repeat business. It's like they don't really care anyway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank William M
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We felt so fortunate to find this CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE
place near Dodger Stadium. The management really cared
about his guests (William was especially friendly and helpful).
We will definitely return! Denise Bellini

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise B
Anish P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Hollywood / Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you Denise Bellini for sharing your experience at our Hotel! Glad to hear that you had a great stay and will return next time you are in the area. See you next time, and Go Dodgers!!

Reviewed 12 March 2013

we stayed there for 2 nights as we planned to stay near hollywood; the location was fantastic; bus stop is almost at the front of the gate; metro station - hollywood western(red line) is at 10 minutes walk , just 2 blocks away;you can go to hollywood ( 6 minutes) , universal studio station ( 8 minutes) or Union station LA ( about 25 minutes) by red line metro; one sided fare is $1.50; the staffs at reception are extremely helpful and good; breakfast is included but was basic;there were lots of restaurant all around ; this is a nice place to stay with family in a very good location; you can keep your luggage at the reception after check out;internet was free but the line was poor in the room; this is a very good value for money;I didnt drive so can't comment about parking but the parking area didnt seem to be big; you should ring them directly as reception was very good; if I go again I will stay there; do a membership online of their chain before booking and you will get 15% off on the hotel booking

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jayasish

Thank you Mr. Jayasish for sharing your experience at the Hotel. I am very happy that you had a wonderful stay at our property. We are working on getting our internet signal stronger. This has been difficult for us but it is looking better with the new equipment we added. Please come visit us when you come back to the states.

Thank you and have a great day!

Anish Patel General Manager.

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Small noisy room. Non smoking rooms wreak of cigarettes and for the week that we stayed there our neighbours consisted of what appeared to be: homeless people who had taken residence there and drug dealers who were smoking weed so strong that even our room began to smell like a Dutch oven. Judging from the state of the way management ran the hotel we didn't bother attempting the continental breakfast.

Pros
The cleaning lady was very friendly

Cons
Overpriced
Bad location
Small and dirty room
Didn't feel safe

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank suitecasediary
Reviewed 1 February 2013

One of the best places in Sunset Blvd to stay..its walk able from the Metro station.The rooms were good and the manager was very friendly.We had booked a queen's room and we got upgraded to King's.The downtown is very near and even there are a lot of good restaurants nearby.Will stay again for sure..!

Room Tip: Stay in a King's room..!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. Please call us next time you would like to make a booking and we will try and upgrade you to our King Spa Suite. Your feedback is very important to us Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Anish P General Manager.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

if you like friendly helpful staff, easy check in, clean rooms, free wifi, free breakfast, free parking. then this is the place for you! when i come for business in hollywood i stay here because of the great customer service and clean rooms!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jaibabu07

Hello Mr. Babu. I would first like to thank you for staying at our property and sharing your experience online. Your satisfaction is our goal. Please come stay with us again soon. Thank you and have a spectacular day.