Americas Best Value Inn - Hollywood / Los Angeles
Ranked #181 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is my first visit and was terrible. The mattress and furniture are broken and urgently needs to be change. The parking area is used as storage waste. The handicap parking is used for everyone without Handicap Tag. My room that was supposed to be a Non-Smoking Room had smoking smell (I'm asthmatic patient). The TV Control don't work (I had change 3 times). The air conditioner is repaired and cover with tape. I can't believe that I slept in this room and bed and that this hotel have permit to operate and to be used! When I returned to my home I had contact to my Doctor to receive Physical Therapy and medications due the back pain due the mattress conditions. Honestly I supposed that the Americas Best Value President had never stay in this hotel and never slept in these conditions and in this mattress. I include photos.

Room Tip: Nightmare room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carlos C
Anish P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Hollywood / Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

First i would like to apologize to the list of problems you experienced while staying at our hotel. I would like to assure you that me and my staff are dedicated to make sure our guests feel at home. I would also like to assure you that these problems have been addressed and taken care of! Stay again with us and guarantee you will have a great experience with us,
Please feel free to contact us directly for future reservations for our best rate guaranteed 323-466-8521, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Everything! I am appalled by the quality of service at the front desk. Am a frequent traveler, been to third world countries and never received such disgraceful service as I did from one gentleman in particular named Rana. Whenever I asked for assistance or a question he would mumble (talk with his mouth closed), runs to hide in the back room, leaving me waiting in reception. He wouldn't come out till he knows you've gone. You can tell he doesn't want to be bothered, doesn't want to work and won't do anything to help. Had maintenance issues in the room, he made excuses not to address them. William on the other had was the opposite. What a breath of fresh air. Would go out of his way to help, will follow-up to ensure issues were addressed. Deserves to be working in a more professional environment, decent hotel, not in a scummy, dirty shack as this place. What I also found disgraceful was their increase in my daily rate without notice in advance. They have a tendency to increase daily rate without telling you. Be careful with your booking. When I asked, I was told it was a Wednesday and would be charged weekend rate cause Wednesday somehow is a weekend???!! Bed is uncomfortable. Poor lighting in the room. Overall dirty and wouldn't recommend this place to a homeless person. Internet connection kept dropping. You need transport to go anywhere, nothing is walking distance, except the 99cent shop, and few rough nearby restaurants. TV didn't work well. Toilet damaged. Dirty towels. Never seen anything like this!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

I have read your complaint and I am sensitive to your circumstances. Corrective actions have been taken to ensure that such incidents will not occur in the future. Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for all inconveniences and the disappointment you encountered.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I spent a night here and I thought it was amazing value for what your received. They provided the basic essentials as well as a clean room and bathroom. The safe are friendly and honest and it has an overall good vibe.

Not to mention the location. Right next to the Hollywood walk of fame and 4 miles to Universal studios, a short walk to the metro line with shops, restaurants and fast food chain literally across the road. Entertainment is never to far away and there are constantly taxis outside so traveling is easy whatever time of day or night you decide to.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janine_T92

Thank you for being our valued guest! We credit our success to providing good service and clean accommodations at affordable prices. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

If all you need is a bed, then this place works.

However, if you want service, don't expect it.

I called the morning of my arrival and asked for an early check in as I was driving 2 hours into LA for my friends wedding. I was told that it would be no problem. When I got there, the desk attendant was so rude it was ridiculous. I told him that the person who answered the phone said I could check in as I wanted to change clothes real quick. This guy would not budge. He had no intentions of making my day any better.

Internet did not work. I could not get their user name and password to take and it kept timing out. Was I going to call down and ask for help? Nope. After the way I was treated, there was no way I was going to go through that again.

The rooms clearly smell like old cigarettes. I think cleaning the carpets would be a decent investment into making this a better experience.

Americas Best Value Inn gives this place 5 stars, or whatever they use to rate their hotels. It's 2 at best.

I've been treated better at Motel 6 and I've gone back to some M6's because I was treated well. I know the rooms are nothing to write home about, but when you got someone whos' helpful friendly - that is worth the money I spend.

I won't be coming back. It served its purpose, but it's not designed or run to with the hope that they will get repeat business. It's like they don't really care anyway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank William M
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We felt so fortunate to find this CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE
place near Dodger Stadium. The management really cared
about his guests (William was especially friendly and helpful).
We will definitely return! Denise Bellini

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denise B
Anish P, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Hollywood / Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you Denise Bellini for sharing your experience at our Hotel! Glad to hear that you had a great stay and will return next time you are in the area. See you next time, and Go Dodgers!!

Reviewed 12 March 2013

we stayed there for 2 nights as we planned to stay near hollywood; the location was fantastic; bus stop is almost at the front of the gate; metro station - hollywood western(red line) is at 10 minutes walk , just 2 blocks away;you can go to hollywood ( 6 minutes) , universal studio station ( 8 minutes) or Union station LA ( about 25 minutes) by red line metro; one sided fare is $1.50; the staffs at reception are extremely helpful and good; breakfast is included but was basic;there were lots of restaurant all around ; this is a nice place to stay with family in a very good location; you can keep your luggage at the reception after check out;internet was free but the line was poor in the room; this is a very good value for money;I didnt drive so can't comment about parking but the parking area didnt seem to be big; you should ring them directly as reception was very good; if I go again I will stay there; do a membership online of their chain before booking and you will get 15% off on the hotel booking

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jayasish

Thank you Mr. Jayasish for sharing your experience at the Hotel. I am very happy that you had a wonderful stay at our property. We are working on getting our internet signal stronger. This has been difficult for us but it is looking better with the new equipment we added. Please come visit us when you come back to the states.

Thank you and have a great day!

Anish Patel General Manager.

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Small noisy room. Non smoking rooms wreak of cigarettes and for the week that we stayed there our neighbours consisted of what appeared to be: homeless people who had taken residence there and drug dealers who were smoking weed so strong that even our room began to smell like a Dutch oven. Judging from the state of the way management ran the hotel we didn't bother attempting the continental breakfast.

Pros
The cleaning lady was very friendly

Cons
Overpriced
Bad location