“VERY BASIC”

Ranked #259 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Phoenix, Arizona
“VERY BASIC”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

First of all the price that you get quoted when you book is at least a fifty to seventy dollar difference when you get there. If you pay with cash then the room is about 25 dollars cheaper and their ATM that they directed me to was just sketchy. It didn't compute 200 so at least the guy at the desk let me pay with card but at the cash price. (They don't tell you before hand to bring cash or that it is a different price if using card or cash) The pictures give you a completely different idea and some of the reviews are too nice or have a different idea of quality. The room was so muggy when we got in and it took almost an hour to cool down. The "breakfast" is literally corn flakes and one waffle iron. That is it and it was not worth it. Definitely not going to try and save a few bucks next visit to LA. I didn't even think the location was great. Was staying there because of an event happening at the Staples center still needed a car to get around. The carpets desperately need to be replaced and when we came back from the day of exploring the city the room had not been cleaned or towels replaced.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Los Banos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

It was just a few blocks from the freeway & tucked away a bit from street traffic noise. Staff was very helpful & friendly. I was greeted by Sun (the manager of the property). I was pleasantly surprised for a 1 star hotel. The rooms have been updated recently & property is under new management. When I first arrived, I had a problem using my room key & the maid was very helpful. (silly me, I was trying to get into the wrong room) Oops!

It was clean & sanitary. The bed was super comfy & the pillows nice & fluffy. I got a great nites sleep. I was traveling on business; however, I would not hesitate to bring my family to this property. I stayed in room # 114 which had a magnified make-up mirror & a mini fridge. Great place for the price! I have a variety of projects that keep me coming back to the area. I am booking a room again in the very near future.

- Tami from Los Banos

Room Tip: If you'd like to get booked into a good room anywhere you stay, the trick is to arrive as close...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Chandler, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Recently, stayed 2 nites there to attend a college graduation - Property is in the remodeling process - We were given a room, it was furnished poorly such as you feel the springs in the bed, tv remote didnt worked (had to replace it twice), towels & bedsheets are dirty not washed thoroughly & carpets are not clean (looked like old carpeting which needs deep cleaning) - We asked for a different room once we inspect the other room, which was a little better by the size & furnishing was much better, but carpet was dirty & cobwebs where the lighting area was & towels and sheets are little better - There was smell in the 2nd room, but we took care of that with can of Lysol - Hotel provided continental breakfast, really people, there was only waffles (syrup didnt taste like syrup just looked like it ) & Cornflakes cereal & coffee & Sunny Delight juice (not fresh OJ) - Breakfast was a joke, not even a continental breakfast, I've seen better breakfast elsewhere - We asked for a iron & ironing board which ironing board didnt work too - We received codes to access the WiFi there too, but only good for 24 hrs - Last but not least, BED BUGS were in the 2nd room that booked when we left today, my friend develop bites on her upper arms near her shoulders - Considering the location of the hotel is what you are paying for not the room & ammendities - Hotel really needs alot of work besides the remodeling process that is going on

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

OMG, where do I start? My sister booked this room when we were in town for the day. Since most rooms were close to $200, she decided to save a little money and book a room at this place. At first glance, the hotel looked somewhat decent until we arrived in our room. As we opened the door, I could not believe that my sister paid close to $100 for this room. It definitely was not worth it. Not only was it not clean, but we kept hearing helicopters flying around, which made me think that we weren't in the safest area.

First thing I noticed was that the carpets looked old, dirty and stained. Then there were metal bars on the windows. Someone used a knife to carve words into the headboard. The phone had no cover on it. The lights above the beds had no covers on them, just the exposed light bulb. The remote had no batteries. When I inquired about them, the guy at the front told me I had to come get them.

Hmm, what else?

No coffee in the morning or in the hotel room and the brunch or whatever they offer is only offered from 7a-9a, at least that's what the guy at the front counter said. The beds were too hard and the pillows smelled weird.

We will never stay here again. If you need to save money on a room, book in advance and don't stay here no matter how desperate you are.

Oh, you also have to pay 25 cents for ice. No free ice, which I think is wrong!!!!!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank vivi r
Portland, OR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

The room itself was large and fairly good deco considering the price but I should have followed the advice of previous reviewers and spent a little more money for a better hotel. The location was great for accessing Hwy 2 (to get to Griffith obsrvatiory, Hollywood Blvd and Universal Studios and later six flags)....but the experience was terrible. Everything from questionable adult activities outside our hotel parking lot; poor management; pool was down b/c it didn't pass inspection (we chose the hotel for our kids b/c of the pool). I booked thru Expedia so I couldn't ask for a discount, i guess. Their towels were like sandpaper - like the ones you use for cleaning after car work. Couldn't get useful information (in fact was given the wrong address to Griffith Observatory but luckily used my phone) from hotel front desk staff. Everyone seemed to like eating the waffles from the machine. Gross to me. I like fruit.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Peaceoutbaby
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Well, I came to town to visit, didn't think I'd have to spend the night so booked this room on Expedia. It was in my price range so here I am. The man up front was super unfriendly, it felt like showing up bothered him. The room I got smells. The sheets are stained, the carpet has ashes, there's graffiti on the bathroom wall, some blood looking stain on the shower curtain, the rest of the walls and switches look beaten up and it's overall creepy. This was a horrible idea. I am kind of afraid to sleep, I feel like I'll wake up covered in cockroaches. I really can't wait to leave.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank MissTiNa138
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

I came here a couple weeks ago and the manager was extremely hard to deal with. The place isn't the cleanest out there but location is decent. I booked a 3 bed hotel room but he gave me a 2 bed instead saying that I only have two guests. So what if I had two guests? I PAID for a 3 bed (So what if people came over (they didnt stay over)? What were you gonna do, spy on me outside my room to make sure we only had two guests? Also the parking lot was a mess. I witnessed a small collision that could've easily been prevented if management wasnt dumb enough to create makeshift parking spots (that were clearly illegal, I have photos) just to comply with the busier weekend. The manager came out and argued that it wasnt his fault. Well no obviously you didn't drive the car but YOU made those ghetto parking spots with some traffic cones that did not apply to city ordinance and you decide to give your "expert advice" to your guests? I hate this place. I've never witnessed such DUMB people.

• Stayed March 2013