“Great bargain, wonderful visit”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Granada Hills
Ranked #139 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Northridge, ca
“Great bargain, wonderful visit”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The rooms were clean and the complex quiet. Very wonderful for the price. We were worried since others around the same price were... Scary. But this was wonderful. The staff was great and we enjoyed tv free wifi and pizza delivered to the room. Which was nice after driving all day. Thank you Granada Hills Best Value! We woke up refreshed for another long drive.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phoenix89x
ABVIGranadaHills_Ca, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Granada Hills, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Happy to see you taking time out and writing a such wonderful review about this property. Our price are very affordable and we do take pride in keeping this place clean. We do daily room inspections to make sure that our customers get clean rooms and comfortable sleep.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will come back again for your very next visit.

Thanks Soooo Much....

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Czech first
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I've been staying at this location frequently since Novermber 2013 due to a temporary job I took up in Granada Hills. It may not be a 5 star resort but the hospitality of the staff, location and comfort of the rooms more than makes up for it.
Easy access to two main highways (I-405 & CA-18) and it's located in driving distance from LA hot spots like Universal Studios, Six Flags, Getty Museum, Downtown LA, and Hollywood.
The staff was always willing to help me be more comfortable, especially the manager Jay. Even when I just needed a place to stay so I could sleep in between shifts he made it happen. Also whenever I stayed I was on my own and I felt very safe with the staff nearby looking out for me. The free breakfast (coffee, tea, juice and a few pastries) was just what I needed to get going in the morning or to calm me before I slept. Best part I never had a noise complaint. Very quiet despite being near a main road and highway enterance/exit. The free wifi is nothing to brag about (little slow) but that was the only downside for me.
Overall wonderful staff, comfortable bed, hot shower, and free wifi. So if you don't want to stay at a cheap motel or spend an outrageous amount of money for a comfortable room then this is the hotel for you. Enjoy

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the lobby are quieter (farther away from highway) and near the pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank WanderingAli
Thanks for this wonderful review. I am happy that you liked our property for your business stay. Most of the freeways are just mile away from our location. Easy excess to them. We just got our WIFI working faster adding a new router. Hope you will enjoy it on your next stay.
Love to see you back soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here after my brother's wedding reception up at the Odyssey. This was the only close place that we could find without having to drive far. I mean it's literally down the hill.

I was so busy with helping out at the wedding that I had not had a chance to go down there to check in. I was finally able to give them a call around 6:30-7pm and the man that answered said I was lucky to call right at that moment because he was getting ready to give my rooms away in about 30 minutes. So my reservation wasn't good?? Anyway, I asked him to please hold the rooms and that I'm at a wedding up the street, but that we would be there for sure. He agreed.

During the wedding reception, I had to go down the street to check-in and confirm all four rooms. Did that and went back up. What a hassle, but at least now we had our room keys.

When the reception was over, we all carpooled down and tried to get settled in. I had a connecting room which worked out great for the kids. While hanging out in the other room, we heard a loud splash of water! Turns out water was falling from the room above us and the entire bathroom floor flooded!! What a mess!! The guy came in to try to clean it up, but he only did what he could. What a mess, seriously.

Both of my connecting rooms each had two queen beds. Very uncomfortable and the pillows suck! I didn't get a chance to see the other two rooms so I can't comment on those. The tv was OLD and furniture is extremely outdated. And it's not like this place was $50/night... it should have been. The room was $98 or so, but still too much considering how OLD the rooms were and considering the water incident. We didn't get a discount and we were very happy to see daylight in the morning.

They did have small pastries in the office so that was a nice touch. However, I would rethink staying here again unless I'm desperate LOL.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kellyreviewsit
ABVIGranadaHills_Ca, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Granada Hills, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thanks for taking time out from your busy schedule and write this review. There is never an excuse for less then excellent service to our guest. I do apologize for any inconvenient that has occurred during your stay. We do get sold out during the year on Fridays and Saturdays. Having Odyssey restaurant and Country club near us keeps us busy. I do remember this situation. I am really sorry that you had to come down from your brothers wedding and pay for the rooms that night. We don't guarantee any reservations without a valid credit card. For some reason your credit was declined for all 4 rooms. We were not able to verify the funds for all rooms that's why we had to let the rooms go. I Know you had to come down and pay for all rooms in busy time but its just our company policy.
About the water coming out of the ceiling I was never informed by the guest or my employee.
We are in the process of remodeling our rooms so please do give us a 2nd chance.
Thanks for giving us opportunity of serving you.

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Los Gatos, California
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Not very good value. Old room, not remodeled any time recently. Very limited breakfast. Slow and hard-to-get-to Wi-Fi. Not awful but could get the same room for $25 less -- only marginally nicer than something like Motel 6.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank losgatosadv
ABVIGranadaHills_Ca, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Granada Hills, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry your experience at the hotel was not positive.
Our remodeling starts on January 16th 2014 with new bedding's, Flat screen TV, New paints carpets and new furniture's. I do apologize for slow WiFi due to the strong winds that week our wireless was slow.
We wish that you will consider giving us another try. We appreciate your business and hope you will continue to choose Americas Best Value Inn.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently stayed at this Hotel and was amazed at how nice and clean the rooms where for the price. The manager and staff was very nice to us. And the free internet and continental breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Happy to recommend this place to friends and family. The pool was kind of small thou, but that"s about it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ABVIGranadaHills_Ca, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Granada Hills, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your review.
Happy to see you liked our place for home away from home. Guest happiness is our best interest.
Love to see your return back to our Hotel very soon.

Thanks SOOOOO Much.

General Manager.
Ventura County, CA
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here to attend a wedding at the Odyssey up the hill. I was pleasantly surprised that the room was as quiet as it was, given the location right next to the 405 freeway. The property is tidy and well-maintained and the guy working the front desk was very cheerful and friendly. Our room was clean, spacious, and the bed was comfortable. For a basic motel, I'd definitely recommend this place, and will stay there again if I need lodging in the north Valley.

Room Tip: The motel is pretty small and all the rooms are situated the same way, so they are probably all fine...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review.
Glad you found our hotel clean and comfortable. Its very convenient drive from our Property to Odyssey Restaurant just 2 minutes or less. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay.
We do take pride in best customer service and would love to see you back again.

Thanks SOOOOO Much.

General Manager.
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Great stay. Front desk always really nice and helpful at check in. Too bad the people in the room next too us wereup all night and rreally loud. Left at 7am went to tell the front desk but no one was there. Oh well besides our neighbors it was nice.

• Stayed November 2013
ABVIGranadaHills_Ca, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Granada Hills, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thanks for a great review.. It was very nice to see you guys back again for a 2nd visit. I do apologize for the inconvenient occurred by the guest for being loud at night. We try our best to keep things calm as possible. I am happy you liked our place and will come back again. We do appreciate you acknowledging our great customer service..

Thanks once again.
South San Fernando Valley
Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Reseda
Harbor
BEST WESTERN Los Angeles Worldport Hotel

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Granada Hills? Share your experiences!