“Only if you have no choice!”

Hollywood Inn Express North
Ranked #238 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I book one of my employees here to while he was working in the area. I thought I was booking "The Holiday Inn Express North" See the play on the name? I think they did this on purpose. My employee stayed one night and got out of there first thing in the morning and got his own room at another place. The place was dirty and unsafe. Read the reviews on this place Buyer Beware!

Room Tip: Do yourself and favor and avoid this place.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank deadgrassdog

Reviewed 15 May 2012

The hotel is okay for the money. Was fairly clean all around the room, except under the bed where you should not look. Pool didn't look so clean, so we didn't jump in. Lots of Thai places around. Location is not far from the city, so you can easily just walk.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bentp
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed with my friends for couple of days. It was really cheap but the hygiene level of the hotel was unaccpetable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank TaytayManc
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Close to many la attractions and right in the middle of Thai town. Rooms are not much to talk about, but it is a deal.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank jbjaidee
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I booked a room at Hollywood Inn Express mothers day weekend 2011 for 3 nights. I must say it was worse than motel 6! Hotels.com said that there was high speed wifi and there was free breakfast in the morning. When I arrivedit smelled bad in the office and the owner was on the computer doing whatever and didnt greet me until I finally got sick of waiting and said excuse me. He couldnt find my name in the system even though I paid weeks in advance. I showed him my reciept then I all of a sudden popped up in his computer. I asked him about breakfast and he told me that was false. Then I asked him about the free wifi and he told me it wasnt free but gave it to me anyway since hotels.com said it was free. The wifi turned out to barely even work on my laptop it was very slow. The parking Lot was extra small if its full goodluck getting out. The beds were too hard and it smells horrible in the rooms like they werent cleaned well. I will never go to another Express hotel if its not a name brand like holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: If you do decide to go here choose a downstairs room too many stairs
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Jeremy S
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I paid about 80 bucks a night, the hotel is kinda run down, but the location is good, in a safe neghboorhood, the parking is limited and also they have no elevator, and I was staying on the 3 floor I have to carry my luggage all the way up, the carpet in the room is smeel look filty.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2012

so nasty they are so rude found bed bugs in the beds and didn't even want to refund all my money back really horrible place don't waste your money here at all service was bad and the owner 2 lady's young very very rude and obnoxious ! don't waste your money !

• Stayed: January 2012