“You get what you pay for”

Hollywood Inn Express North
Ranked #232 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I needed a cheap and cheerful place to stay for four nights that was close to the attractions in hollywood and thats exactly what we got. No problem checking in, room was huge with two double beds! Dodgy decoration and the carpets werent the cleanest. The bed sheets were clean and there was no problems with washing facilities. We did mention to someone about flies around the aircon machine which wasnt addressed but we just sorted it ourselves. We didnt use the pool and breakfast consisted of juice/tea/coffee and make your own pancakes which were actually really good. So yes it could be cleaner and a bit more tlc, yes it isnt in the best neighbourhood but it was a five minute walk from red metro line that takes you to walk of fame & universal studios so it was a good base for our adventure! Would stay here again for the price we paid

1 Thank cjx130386

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Czech first
Manchester, UK
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay and paid less than $90 a night. We had a very large, spotlessly clean room and found staff very helpful. No issues with noise late at night- though we did stay on Monday and Tuesday night. Breakfast was basic- coffee and self serve waffles, but enough to start the day.
The pool was closed, as indicated on the website when we booked.
The area was seemingly quiet, but we felt safe walking around late at night and were happy to walk to the walk of fame (approx 2 miles). Absolutely no complaints about this hotel whatsoever. Communal areas were clean and bright and I actually loved the bed!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teacher_ally
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Absolutely no parking! Especially if you have a SUV or truck. Not in the greatest neighborhood. Seen a fight infront of Jumbo's Clown Room. We didn't see any kind of breakfast. The room was big, but the beds had different color comforters. I was pretty disgusted so I used by own bedding thankfully. Could hear conversations everywhere and didn't get much sleep. When my bf would leave the room, I was afraid to open the door without looking through peephole or asking who it was if that tells you anything.

• Stayed June 2013

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Wondering why management has never responded to any reviews or made a attempt to clarify if true or not alot of bad reviews and I wanna knw what is true and if safe and breakfast is good rroms are clean management can you respond

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank 16gello
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 March 2013

There is nothing at all to talk about this hotel. I don’t know why and how I booked this hotel through net. I informed them well in advance that I will be reaching very late. When I reached there was nobody from the staff. Finally I managed to remind a guy sitting there that he has to do some formality called “Check in”. I checked in and asked if they will be able to provide something to eat. But as expected there was nothing. I went out to a near by Dominoes and had a pizza. I came back to the room. The room was big but not at all maintained. The wi f was free and that was the only good thing about this hotel. In the morning I went to the “reception” to ask about the buffet Breakfast. To my shock he just pointed his finger towards a small table where there were some bagels, tea, coffee and some Donuts. THAT’S IT? He smiled as if expected my shock. The break fast is included in the “Price”.
I stayed there for 2 nights and came back to New York after a bitter experience. I am writing this much also because minimum 200 words are required to complete this review

Room Tip: One should carry his/her own blankets to avoid bugs
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Tewariviveck
Newcastle
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I had pre-read the TM reviews before booking this place and thought - Ill give it a go. The price was just amazing compared to almost all the other Hollywood hotels I could find.
The location is spot on! It was so central to all LA spots we wanted to find! Great food is only a short stroll away! Super cheap foot massages across the road and just around the corner! The receptionist was quite helpful!
The room was defiantely nothing to rave about and the bed was springy and a little painful by the 3rd night. But in Australia its very hard to find something this central for this price so my partner and I were quite happy.
I will say that the 'continental breakfast' was do it your self waffles EVERY morning so we didnt actually eat it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raquel K
Brisbane Qld
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Stayed for 3 nights and found the staff more than friendly with plenty of help when it came to tips getting around town. Rooms were cleaned and refreshed everyday whilst we were out. Rooms were clean and although the decor etc is tired it is more than made up for with the price. Packed carpark every night so that must be a good indicator.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple