“I enjoyed my stay”
Review of The Moment Hotel

The Moment Hotel
Ranked #73 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I drive up and was happy there was available parking. Staff is easy going and friendly, especially front desk personnel Courtney. Rooms don't have carpet but they provide you fresh slippers. Comfy bed and awesome bathroom.Sweet TV!

Room Tip: I was on the second floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for the review and kind words. Courtney is a great member of our awesome team - and I'll ensure that she is aware of your comments. We look forward to your return trip soon!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

On paper it looks great, but in reality its a motel that has boutique hotel ambitions- It just does not live up to it. It is a very expensive motel with cheap looking deco and design. They need to reconsider their greedy pricing plan as it ticks all the other boxes: clean, comfy bed, good location and friendly staff.

For two nights I paid on a offer over $350 excluding: parking, tax and breakfast.

When I travel I try to give my money to independent business, but this is just too much. When I gave feedback the management, they just replied to a convenient comment they could explain.

I parked the car for $22 one night at the hotel to find int morning that it had been driven into and been scratched. It was parked right outside reception. I did not get the complementary water the first night and there was still food/ water bottles in the draws from the previous occupants.

Basically if you want somewhere quite don't stay on sunset- so I don't mind street noises etc but their music form the balcony 'bar' and floor is annoying.

Also if you want advice about going out and not hit the tourist spots= don't ask reception.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Polly_Apfel
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I appreciate the comments both positive and negative as it gives us something to review and train with.

I'm disappointed to read that you felt the prices were too high, the music too loud, and were sent to tourist spots. Again, thank you and I wish I was present when you spoke to the staff. I've lived in this area for several years and know several great destinations.

I certainly hope you do try us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly and I'll ensure you get the best rate. Thank you again.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I love the modern hip feel of this place, highlights below:

~Flatscreen TV
~Free Internet
~Cool Lounge/Loft where I held a meeting
~Concierge wad ridiculously nice - told me all about the hot spots
~Neat quaint bar in lobby (and mini-bars)
~Walk-in Showers
~Awesome workdesk in my room.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hooray4honestreviews
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

We appreciate your great review. We are glad you were able to enjoy a great deal of our amenities. Make sure you come back and enjoy us again soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I was supposed to stay in this hotel for 3 nights. Arrived on the 1st day and found it to be a very poor hotel. The air con is situated right beside the bed, at the bottom of the wall. You cannot adjust the volume of the aircon (i.e. you can set low, medium or high). you can only adjust the temperature.

The aircon was very noisy and I couldn't sleep at all for the whole night. I checked out immediately on the very next day morning and switched to Hilton Universal.

Overall, I dont recommend this hotel to travellers looking for a quality stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dennis040

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm disappointed to read that you checked out after only one night. I would have liked a chance to show you how to operate our AC units. Please let me know the next time you're going to be in Hollywood. We'd love to have you back.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The location of this hotel was great. We were within walking distance to many great spots which was important as this was my first visit to LA. My only major complaint is that I didn't stay longer.

We had 4 guests, including myself, and we booked the double room. The room is really not large enough for 4 guests to comfortably stay more than one night. I will admit this was our fault for booking it because the hotel's website discloses that the room is only 283 SF. We had two friends who stayed in the king room and there room was more than adequate.

Upon check-in to the room, we also had an issue with the lack of towels. A few days before check-in we received an e-mail from the hotel requesting information about our upcoming stay. I responded to the e-mail and listed the number of guests that would be in the room. To our displeasure, when the four of entered the room to get a quick shower and hit the town, we noticed there were only two towels, one wash cloth, and zero hand towels. I walked up to the front desk and made the towel request and towels were brought to our room in a matter of minutes. Our friends in the king room also had the issue of a lack of towels, and from reading other reviews this seems to be a recurring theme and hopefully management will address the issue. After all, this seems like it would be a simple and reasonable cure.

While there was no roof deck bartender, we utilized the space much of the time on our trip. The front desk staff were always couretous and quick to offer to bring us a drink from the downstairs bar. They even came up at midnight one night to light the heaters for us. One day, we brought our own beverages back to the hotel and spent the afternoon relaxing on the roof deck. It is a great addition to the hotel and I can only imagine it being better with the addition of a staff bartender.

The staff were kind and courteous and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: 4 guests should not attempt to stay in the double room; it's too small.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for the review. We're glad that you were able to enjoy and relax on our roofdeck. While we do often have bartenders, all our staff are able to assist when guests would like a drink or food. I've also talked with the team to ensure the correct amount of amenities are in the guest room upon arrival.

We certainly hope we get to see you out here again soon. Perhaps you can grab a second room and really lounge!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We spent 3 nites here in January for the BCS game - it is not walking distance to the main activity on Sunset, but it is a good central location for the area. Long walk to Hollywood Blvd tourist scene. Despite looking like a renovation, it is a new build. The area is safe and we did walk to quite a few places at night.

The room is really just right - bed sleeps very well, black out blinds are super, and the room is wired correctly for charging all your gadgets. Fridge has space for your things. The bathroom is separated from sleeping only by a frosted shower glass, so consider if you are bunking with friends. We were told a quiet room but could hear street noise - not an issue for us but maybe for a light sleeper. They were a little skimpy on towels (no hand towels, only 2 face/2 body). The hotel soap/shampoo smell nice and are in wall dispensers. The bathroom could have been a little cleaner/not bad but not to a high standard. Shower has 2 heads and good pressure.

There is a neat upstairs, outdoor bar with music - would be good for a group but wasn't used much during our 3 days. Staff very nice and helpful.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: second floor end has some road noise, otherwise quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goldendiv

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate the kind words. You were here for an exciting game (regardless of the outcome) and I hope we get you back here soon. Please don't wait another championship cycle!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This place sounded cool, hip and fun, but it was tremendously loud and dreadful. From the neighbors blasting music until they blessedly went out at ten pm, to the 2 am murderous scream on Sunset Blvd ( and ensuing sirens), only to be followed by the loud talking Asians coming in at 330 am and topped off with heavy foot in the room above me at 430 am. Clearly not a place for business travelers (or those looking for nocturnal sleep). The Sunset Blvd traffic was loud all night and only drowned out by the tremendously loud hvac system that did not seem to have a working thermocouple. The rooms are funky, have no carpet, hideous lime green walls that appear to be growing moss on them, and are small. The price was way too high for such accommodations, especially when you add the 22 per day parking and extra fees should you not obey their rules. No gym and only bath towels - no hand towels or washcloths. Definitely would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Live2traveldaworld
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay. While we are located on Sunset Blvd, we strive to ensure that all our guests enjoy a peaceful, restful stay. I am sorry to say that didn't happen with you.
Our accent walls have three different colors throughout the hotel and I can ensure you that none of them are growing moss. Our HVAC units are controlled with a thermostat and there is also a continuous button to allow the constant flow of air. Regardless it just seems like you had a disappointing stay and again we apologize.
As you can see from our previous reviews, we are a popular hotel in the heart of Hollywood. I would love to have you try us again. Please feel free to contact me directly at: gm@themomenthotel.com to discuss any future stays with us.
Thank you and all the best in 2014.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
West Hollywood
Grafton on Sunset
Grafton on Sunset
#9 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to The Moment Hotel? Share your experiences!