“Nice boutique hotel on Sunset Boulevard”
Review of The Moment Hotel

The Moment Hotel
Ranked #77 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice boutique hotel on Sunset Boulevard”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The Moment is in a nice area of Hollywood by the guitar row and just a few blocks away from the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and a nice walk to West Hollywood. I found the staff very helpful, the room was nice, the bed very comfortable, the TV had numerous channels. However, from the outside, you realize that the property is renovated from a motel structure. Overall, a very good stay. I didn't actually pick this hotel since it was an Express deal through Priceline.

I also liked how various restaurants, a grocery store, a 7-Eleven, and a drug store are within a twenty minute walk.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you were able to discover us through Priceline and look forward to your return trip to stay with us.
We were renovated from the ground up and have been open since July '14. We are excited to be Hollywood's newest Boutique hotel and continue to develop great relationships with our guests. Please contact us the next time you are visiting the area and we'll ensure you'll get the best rate possible.

Craig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
Ljubljana
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Overall we liked our stay in Moment hotel.

Hotel is newly renovated and rooms are really nice. More than that, we liked location since is walking distance to Walk of fame, Dolby Theatre, etc.

However, we had problems with housekeeping. First day they cleaned our room properly but the next day housekeeper just made our bed and that is it! She even left her garbage bags in our room. We called to reception and asked for clean towels (housekeeper just took all the towels in our room) and clean glasses. They were very apologetic but the next day happend the same thing. Fourth day we did not even bother to call the reception because it did not make any difference.

Other than that, stuff is really nice and helpful and we would probably return!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm sorry to hear about the housekeeping issues during your stay, and this is something that we take to heart.
Next time you want to travel to Hollywood, please contact me directly at: gm@themomenthotel.com and I'll ensure you receive the best rate and stay you deserve.

Again thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I hate to be unkind to boutique hotels, but...

The Moment is a modern-ish renovation of an old motel, but much of it retains the look and unfortunately, smell of the original. My room faced the parking lot on the ground floor. The front desk suggested I use the blackout blinds, which renders the room more private but essentially windowless.

The hotel sits on a particularly unlovely stretch of Sunset Boulevard, which could be forgivable, if it weren't noisy inside and out. In my bed, I could hear conversations at the front desk and music from the roof deck as clearly as if it were in the room, along with every car horn and siren from the busy street. If you're going to open a hotel on one of LA's busiest thoroughfares, it would probably be a good idea to invest in some soundproofing. A hedge? Thicker doors? Something.

The rooms are spacious, but weirdly humid, like an old pool. The minibar was unnervingly warm and smelled... oh, let's be nice and call it "really bad." (There are weird pockets of "smell" in the whole place.) I gather from the Moment's website that they're trying to position its proximity to Guitar Center and Madame Tussaud's etc as a positive thing. Points for creativity, I suppose, but if you are not familiar with LA, you should know that you don't want to be close to either unless you like chain stores and people who dress up in dirty Elmo costumes to panhandle.

Staff is nice and friendly, but they can only be so accommodating with the hotel they're working with.

I got a last-minute deal through a booking app, but I saw on other dates that they're charging over $300 a night (without their parking fee). This is -- to be frank -- hilarious.

For this delusional price point, you can get an much nicer, cleaner, prettier, quieter hotel in West Hollywood just a few blocks west, with views and a restaurant. Unless you can get a massive discount on your stay, AND you don't mind sleeping in a windowless room with earplugs, I don't know why you would stay here instead.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Frequent_Sleeper2014
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to review us. I'm sorry to read that you did not have a restful stay and you felt your room was too loud. I'm actually trying to figure out which room you stayed in, as they way you described it, you heard every noise from all corners of the hotel.

Our guests come from all areas of the world and enjoy all different, unique experiences of Hollywood. While someone might not want to see the characters dressed up on Hollywood Blvd, another person loves it. Thankfully we are located in an area that allows for easy access to all things in Los Angeles.

If you could email me at gm@themomenthotel.com as I would like to hear more in detail about your room and your stay to ensure we can rectify these issues for future guests. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I've stayed at the Moment hotel twice since it opened last summer. Both stays have been great. The location can't be beat, beds are super comfortable and the roofdeck is awesome. I wish they were able to let the locals onto the deck for a more bar like atmosphere but I've been told they are only allowed to serve hotel guests. Will be back out in Los Angeles in March for the marathon and already made my reservation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you for your great review! We look forward to your return trip and you'll have a great vantage point of the marathon from our deck. Per our liquor license we are exclusive to our hotel guests. But I appreciate your comments about the deck. See you soon!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I am SO GLAD the Moment Hotel opened on Sunset Blvd. It's in the perfect location right in the middle of Hollywood & West Hollywood. The rooms are modern but warm and comfortable. The shower is AMAZING!! I would book the room again just to use the shower again. Everyone at the front desk is nice & friendly, and they were super helpful. They even made a photo copy for me. I've stayed here a few times now, so it seemed time to leave a review. I definitely plan on staying there again. It was worth every penny.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Willyum1
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the great words and thank you for staying with us ( a few times now!). We're excited to get you back here soon!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I drive up and was happy there was available parking. Staff is easy going and friendly, especially front desk personnel Courtney. Rooms don't have carpet but they provide you fresh slippers. Comfy bed and awesome bathroom.Sweet TV!

Room Tip: I was on the second floor
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review and kind words. Courtney is a great member of our awesome team - and I'll ensure that she is aware of your comments. We look forward to your return trip soon!

Guildford, Surrey
Reviewed 3 February 2014

On paper it looks great, but in reality its a motel that has boutique hotel ambitions- It just does not live up to it. It is a very expensive motel with cheap looking deco and design. They need to reconsider their greedy pricing plan as it ticks all the other boxes: clean, comfy bed, good location and friendly staff.

For two nights I paid on a offer over $350 excluding: parking, tax and breakfast.

When I travel I try to give my money to independent business, but this is just too much. When I gave feedback the management, they just replied to a convenient comment they could explain.

I parked the car for $22 one night at the hotel to find int morning that it had been driven into and been scratched. It was parked right outside reception. I did not get the complementary water the first night and there was still food/ water bottles in the draws from the previous occupants.

Basically if you want somewhere quite don't stay on sunset- so I don't mind street noises etc but their music form the balcony 'bar' and floor is annoying.

Also if you want advice about going out and not hit the tourist spots= don't ask reception.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Polly_Apfel
Craig S, General Manager at The Moment Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I appreciate the comments both positive and negative as it gives us something to review and train with.

I'm disappointed to read that you felt the prices were too high, the music too loud, and were sent to tourist spots. Again, thank you and I wish I was present when you spoke to the staff. I've lived in this area for several years and know several great destinations.

I certainly hope you do try us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly and I'll ensure you get the best rate. Thank you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
West Hollywood
Grafton on Sunset
Grafton on Sunset
#9 of 20 in West Hollywood

Been to The Moment Hotel? Share your experiences!