“Mystay at Extended Stay”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge
Ranked #233 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I aqm staying at Extended Stay because I am between apts. I stayed Hear last year for a while and had a very good experience with the whole staff, the room was clean, service was very good, so I came back and I have not been disapointed so far with my stay this time, the staff has been very hepfull and curtious, I have and will recomend friends and people about this place.

Room Tip: I sugest third floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thank you for the great review. As you have experienced, we take pride in making our guests stay as close to a home away from home as possible. We invite you to come stay with us again in the near future and thank you again for the review.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed here from 8/12/12-8/14/12 on a business trip. I stayed on the 3rd floor and I don't have one complaint about the hotel. It was out of the city and not close to any main attractions but it was the perfect location for my business trip. The room was good size very comfortable and clean. It was a 'mini' suite with sink,stove,refrigerator and microwave. It also had a flat screen. I was barely in the hotel but the staff seemed friendly. Sorry for the late review hope it helps.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Northridge. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I'm so glad you found the room to be comfortable and clean.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last month for 1 night. We were in town to celebrate our daughters 21st birthday. My husband booked the room so I did not know what to expect.
I was a bit disappointed in the condition of the room. There were burn marks on the floor in the kitchen area. The couch was very worn and had holes in the fabric. The TV in the sitting area only received an analog signal which made watching it impossible. The TV in the bedroom area was digital and worked fine.
There was no blow dryer, no luggage rack and a faint smell of cigarettes.
The staff was courteous and friendly and the location was excellent being very close to restaurants and shopping but the place definitely needs some updating.
For the price, it is OK. but you should lower your expectations when staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the accomodations did not meet your standard. In response to your feedback, I will be doing what I can to address the issues in updating the room. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at nrd@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

i and my husband stayed at this hotel last year and i really loved it, so we decided to come back and stay here this year also. i love the area, i love the surroundings and the location where the hotel is. most of all i love the friendly and helpful staff, they have become like a part of my family. they are always there to accommodate us in anything we want. i would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a temporary place to stay. it has a all the amenities, with free wi-fi and free parking.

this is our home away from home and i love it, i would never go and stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good. i have stayed on different floors and different fooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back. We are so pleased that you decided to come back to stay with us again this year!

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words,please sont hesitate to call me directly fo any requests or future reservations.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I have been residing at Extended Stay Northridge for over 2 years. I love the staff, Ashe, Annjannett, Nahid, and Gen, are all so very nice. The hotel is kept very nice and clean and Housekeeping Staff is very courteous and helpful. The staff, especially Ashe, is very accommodating, understanding and easy to communicate with and very good at problem solving. Because this has been my home for the past 2 1/2 years, I have always felt comfortable and safe. Any and all complaints are immediately addressed and the entire staff's aim is to make sure their clients are satisfied. I would definitely recommend ESAN as it is strategically and conviently located and a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and rooms on side street are more quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure! As you know, myy entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again or at any of our other brand locations in the future. Once more, thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

For the first time, I feel completely mislead by the TripAdvisor reviews. Because of the favorable reviews, I picked Extended Stay America in Northridge and had one of the worst hotel rooms I've experienced in the last 10 years. In summary: tons of smoke, no hair dryers, no luggage rack, fake breakfast, no closet, dirty carpet, no maid service (only done once per week), no fitness center, no pool in hot hot San Fernando Valley, and the "free wifi" was only 0.7Mbps.

I knew I was in trouble when I drove up and saw that a parking space in front was reserved for the police. When I asked why that was necessary, the clerk said ALL hotels have that.

My non-smoking room had an ashtray and reeked of smoke. I called the front desk, and the clerk offered to come take the ashtray away. Like that would help. I declined. No offer to change my room. There is no non-smoking wing, and there was so much smoke in the hallway, I knew it was fruitless to complain. I tried stuffing a towel in front of the door, but smoke came in thru the bathroom ventilation. We didnt have time to change hotels the next AM, so i resigned myself to burning eyes for 2 nights. The clerk did give me a can of deodorizer, but it didn't work. The carpet was so dirty, we decided not to sit on it or the couch. The kitchen and bathroom floor were covered with cigarette burns.

The wifi was too slow to use for anything but email. You can get 3Mbps if you are willing to pay $3 per day.

The next morning, I took a shower and then looked for the hair dryer. Called the front desk. "We don't provide hair dryers. As a courtesy, we keep 2 at the front desk, but they're both in use. I'll call you when one is returned.". AARRGHH!

Breakfast was another joke. There is a tiny table in the lobby with coffee, hot water, instant oatmeal, tiny apples and oranges, and nutrigrain bars.

At ~$100 per night, you're better off with any best western or Marriott. This hotel is no bargain.

BTW, I looked at those earlier positive reviews. Most of them were submitted by people who had never posted a review before.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mjtraveler22
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2012

Dear mjtraveller22,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Northridge. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for smokers and the rest for non-smokers. Guests who request non-smoking rooms should always be placed in an available non-smoking room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay. Our breakfast is also considered "grab n go" and thus we have fresh fruits, oatmeal, coffee, tea, breakfast bars, muffins and etc. that are convenient for guests to take away. We have upgraded our free high speed WIFI recently and have received very positive feedback from guests.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

What makes a hotel grand has more to do with the quality of staff than accoutrements. ESAN’s front desk personnel succeed with aplomb in this regard. The comity and efficiency of this team will ease any weary traveler. If you travel as much as I who have tholed ungrateful and ungracious hotel staff, you will certainly find ESAN’s professionals a refreshing change.

This is not to say that amenities take a back seat or are not tantamount to comparable hotels. ESAN’s Breakfast-To-Go is a big hit. Coffee served hot and fresh rivals any cup of Starbucks. Quaker Oats Oatmeal, Kellogg Nutri-Grain Cereal Bars, apples, oranges offer healthy choices. (Yes, there are chocolate and blueberry muffins for guests with a predilection for sugar.)

Finally, the rooms provide new, large flat panel televisions with most cable and network stations. The rooms come with complete kitchens for those of us who want to cook and entertain. There is also free Wi-Fi with excellent connection speeds. Given price considerations and amenities, ESAN is about the best value out there.

Coach Sydnor

Room Tip: First floor rooms are among the best in the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank CoachSydnor

Dear CoachSydnor,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Northridge. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words!