“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #212 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
San Diego, California
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Checked in late, lady at the front desk was as tired as I was so it was very short and sweet which I appreciated. Room was clean and fully stocked with plates, cups and had a water filter attached to the faucet so I could finally drink LA tap water. Room felt brand new and had "wood" floors in the kitchen/bath area. Nice new tv and cold AC. Bed is a little stiff but over all a good nights sleep. I agree that the price at check in is different that the price quoted on line but the small print says it doesn't include taxes. I'm guessing that is where the extra cost comes from.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank tmoore4000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I am not happy with this hotel that i am staying at feeling being ripped off. next time i will make sure to go to Hilton or Marriots hotel for the price I got charge for. I check in for $99 for a weekly rate. The time I check for daily rate was $114. I call and spoke with the agent they told me I can check out anytime
If before one week my rate will be $114. When I ask to check out they charge me $156 a day
And I try to ask for help the counter person just ignored me
And just handed me the paper
to sign and he make a statement to my friend about me, Does she speak English ?
How rude!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed 8 June 2013

With the construction going on, I found it very hard to sleep from Monday-Friday. The staff did not notify me of the construction.

Also, they kept procrastinating on cleaning my room appearing to be short staffed.

• Stayed June 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I sent a letter to the manager of this hotel on 03/21/2013 and never received a response. Because of this, I must give the hotel a "poor" rating. Let me explain what happened during my stay the night of March 8 as I noted in my letter:

I checked in at the property at approximately 5:30 p.m. on March 8 and was assigned room 107. When I entered room 107, I noticed that the room had not been cleaned, so I returned to the front desk; the employee working at that time apologized and assigned another room. (I am sorry, but I forget the room number.) That room was also dirty, so once again, I returned to the front desk. The employee apologized once more and then assigned me to room 209. He accompanied me to room 209, and since it was clean, I left my belongings there and went to my office to meet with clients.

Upon returning at approximately 11:00 p.m., I tried to reenter room 209, but my key would not work. I returned to the front desk and complained to the employee working at the time (female) who informed me, "You're supposed to be in room 107. Room 209 belongs to another guest!"

I was incredulous. Not only was I locked out of my room, but my belongings were inside and supposedly someone else was occupying my room. I told her my story and she then called up to the room to verify that it was unoccupied. Since the guest to whom it had been assigned had not arrived yet, she gave me a key and allowed me to keep the room.

As you can imagine, I did not sleep well. (I was waiting for a knock at the door from a guest telling me that I had his room.)

I have yet to receive an adequate explanation as to why my room was not ready at 5:30 p.m. and can not therefore recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that your stay with us was not smooth and comfortable. It seems there was a communication error between our staff members, one which I will be working with them to ensure does not happen again. Still, please know, we never want our guests to feel uncomfortable or keep them from entering their room at any time. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while visiting with us.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at bwest@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Overall, this is a very good hotel and I did get a good nights sleep. That's most important. But this is also not a normal hotel, it truly is designed for extended stays. So some of the amenities that you would find at a regular hotel you will not find here:

Pros:
- Very clean room.
- Very nice staff.
- Very quite room.
- Very comfy bed.
- Good nights sleep.
These are also the most important things for me.

Cons:
- Busy train tracks near by. There are train tracks very close by which at first I thought was going to be a big problem sleep but because of the double, double pain windows(yes, two sets of double pain windows), the train became just a whisper when the windows were shut.
- Wifi? Free is only worth it if you are going to check email. Paid for (I upgraded for $3 and what a nightmare in itself to upgrade) is only worth it if you are going to check email. I tried to watch a movie from Amazon prime, but it paused so many times to catch up that I finally gave up. Went to Youtube and same thing. Their TV has no movies as it has just basic cable so I ended up just watching the Discovery Channel.
- No Pool
- No Spa
- No exercise room
- Breakfast? by 7:30am was nothing left but a couple of apples and a granola bar. Oh, but there was coffee. plenty of good coffee.
- No amenities. no shampoo, no lotion. There was a bar of soap though.
These were all ancillary things so I did not downgrade the hotel because of them. I just did not understand what an Extended Stay hotel was. This is just more FYI for the next guy.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room. If you want to open the windows, maybe 2nd floor and above.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim S
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 25 March 2013

good for the money I paid. my kids love the breakfast . the staff was friendly and help with all our needs. there were good restruants near by . Gen always had a smile and was ery willing to help in any way. although the room was a smoking room it did not smell like smoke.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Thank you very much for the great review of your stay with us. We're thrilled that you found our associates to be helpful and friendly, specifically Gen. We're also so pleased to hear that your kids loved the breakfast. Again, thank you so much for the great review and we look forward to see you the next time you are in Norhridge.
Idaho Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 18 February 2013

So.....it was me and my cousin's 1st time in the land of angels and before visiting all the usual touristy spots we had to go pay a visit to our extended family in Porter Ranch but unfortunately because of an emergency situation at their house ,they put us up at this never-heard-of before hotel chain.We were quite iffy about it at first and wanted to check out the location and room before checking in esp since there is a police parking spot right up front.
Let me just say,the staff here is phe-no-me-nal and managed to turn around our impression from the get go!!!The girl at the desk was so efficient & super understanding of our situation and showed us a double room in a quiet corner that we immediately felt at ease and checked in.The room was like a mini apartment with all the features that a studio has so we felt totally at home.They are ALL so friendly at the reception and gave us everything we needed to be comfortable including popcorn and hot chocolate!The hotel did not have a pool or gym which was a downer for us but they are so close to many restaurants and a major shopping mall so we had plenty to do during our short week there.They had a continental kind of breakfast ,we never made it in time as its only till 9.30am but they would still give us coffee & fruit most of the time,such great service !
We will definitely recommend this awesome hotel to anyone needing a more than just a hotel room type of place that is safe and clean and very home-y.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor corner room (they also have smoking rooms which was a huge surprise being as its...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nicki b
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you so very much for your "phenomenal "review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Northridge!
My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.