“only a bed...”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge
Ranked #247 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This "hotel" is one of the worst I've ever stayed in. They don't provide shampoo, Kleenex or bath soap. Room had no toilet paper. They do however provide complimentary dish soap?!? Very strange. Thin walls and barely hot water on the 2nd floor. I'd heard good things about Extended Stays ... I sure hope they all aren't like this one.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

• Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we were unable to provide you with the essentials to make your room a home away from home. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we will diligently check our rooms to make sure that all essentials are in the rooms.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at nrd2@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Our nonsmoking room smelled of smoke. The hallways outside of our room smelled of weed and the elevators smell extremely musty. One time the elevator didnt go down we had to get out and walk down the stairs which is fine for us but might be inconvienent to someone in a wheel chair.

Disappointed to find (after we booked) that there was no fitness center.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The last time I stayed at this hotel it was a dump, but I stayed there anyway because of the location near the friend I was visiting. The remodel makes it much nicer, and this stay was great. The hot water in my bathroom didn't work when I arrived but was fixed very quickly. The staff could not have been nicer. Since it had just been remodeled there was still a bit of a paint smell (to me) but that will pass. The room was not cleaned during my stay but I believe that's normal for a stay of my length (6 days.) Overall, a pleasant experience and I'll likely be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Sandy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our renovations and our staff. It was a true pleasure having you visit with us and we look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

This hotel refuses to fix the hot water problem. I have been here for a week, and no hot water is ever available. Every time we need to shower we have to call. We are always told by staff that the water heater has turned off. Wait 15 to 20 minutes after our calls to get hot water. The staff is very friendly and even told me to complain online. So here I am to warn you all. Run, don't walk from this hotel. I hate to have to write a bad review, but wish I never had chosen to stay here. It may be affordable, but there is a huge price to pay, especially if you have to go to work and can not shower.

Room Tip: There is no fitness room or pool.
Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Julie - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that there has been an ongoing problem with our hot water system while you have been staying at our hotel. Please know, we are working as fast as possible to resolve this issue and hope to have it corrected as quickly as possible. In the meantime, I am glad that our staff has assisted you in any way they can.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at nrd@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Every week the parking lot is full, it means lot of people around.It seems that the people work hard.
The attendants are really awesome, and everyone look happy and eager to help.
For you guys I give a 10!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently, and I have to say that Benita is probably the most professional, warm and polite manager/front desk person I have ever encountered in an hotel stay. Before we arrived, I called and asked about a concern I had about staying in extended stay-type lodging and Benita was polite, informative, plus very giving of her time. I never felt rushed on the phone.
Because of her, we decided to visit the hotel for a look-see. Benita was available and very patient with all of my questions. She showed us a typical room and assured me it would be ready that afternoon. Again, because of Benita, we decided to try the hotel and were not disappointed (for a number of reasons). We checked in and were delighted to find that she had given us a corner room (which helped with my concerns). It was great--but not as great as Benita. Kudos to Extended Stay for hiring such a wonderful manager!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Checked in late, lady at the front desk was as tired as I was so it was very short and sweet which I appreciated. Room was clean and fully stocked with plates, cups and had a water filter attached to the faucet so I could finally drink LA tap water. Room felt brand new and had "wood" floors in the kitchen/bath area. Nice new tv and cold AC. Bed is a little stiff but over all a good nights sleep. I agree that the price at check in is different that the price quoted on line but the small print says it doesn't include taxes. I'm guessing that is where the extra cost comes from.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo