“Will not come back”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge
Ranked #258 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was our first and last stay at ESA.

Stayed only for one night. We arrived around noon and asked for an early check in if possible the clerk did not even bother looking on the computer and immediately said there's no room available. Yeah right, the parking lot is not even full. Anyway came back and asked to use the restroom and was told no restroom available. I can't believe it even a gas station offers restroom but the front desk was adamant they don't offer restroom only the guestroom has restroom. Well I explained I can't check in until 3pm but he just shrugged. oh my he is not very friendly at all.

After running around came back at 7:40pm and checked in with Jonathan who seems to be the opposite of the unfriendly front desk earlier in the day.

The room is nice and spacious, however I am disappointed that the linens are not fresh. Looks used to me, the good thing is I always carry my own pillows and sheets sort of paranoid. so because of that I did not get to sleep comfortably.

Location is perfect - it is within walking distance to all the restaurants and fast food chains nearby.

Breakfast - they provide "good" coffee - oatmeal bars, oranges and apples. nothing fancy.

I've heard complains about water not hot, our room is at 403 and did not have that problem.

In addition the thermostat control was not working and it would take a day to get maintenance since were checking out the next day there's no point.

ESA is mainly for weekly or monthly rentals since they offer small kitchenettes but not really a hotel facility. Don't think I am coming back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Hi there,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we were unsuccessful to fulfill that mission. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be going over company procedures to make sure the linens are fresh and the thermostats working in order to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Additionally, it was great to hear that Jonathan was able to assist you, and great to hear that our location was of a benefit. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at nrd@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I unfortunately stayed at this facility for 8 weeks while working night shift nearby. The facility was loud, the staff unfriendly, and my stay unpleasant.
Do not disturb signs were ignored, showers sometimes cold (they have been "working to correct this" for MONTHS), and towels were hard to come by. Housekeeping comes once a week for long staying customers and in my case only vacuumed on the third visit. My non smoking floor often reeked of cigarettes. Pet friendly includes dogs barking during the day and poop by the entrances. The small kitchens allow guests to prepare meals so be ready for cooking smells both pleasant and not so pleasant. They have Culligan filters on the kitchen faucets however mine leaked more out the sides than came out the spout.
The "Breakfast" was sparse.
The dedicated parking space marked for Law Enforcement by the entrance was not reassuring.

Can not recommend. Would refuse to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was disheartened to read that your room and our hotel overall did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to deep clean your room and enhance our cleaning procedures moving forward. As well, I am reviewing our policy's and responsibilities with the entire staff so that issues with pets and noise are handled appropriately.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at nrd@extendedstay.com or call me at 818.734.1787. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I think ones health and hygene is the most important thing.
I know these things happen but it wasnt pleasant very pleasant to wake up to bed bugs bite! Changed the room and sheets were full of woman hair.
I was scratching all night. Terrible experience..

• Stayed: November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please accept my sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I am reviewing our cleaning policies with our housekeeping staff and working with them to make improvements to our procedures.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at nrd@extendedstay.com should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time your'e in the area.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We are thankful that our friend, Bong and Gilda de los Santos, booked us in Extended Stay America in Northridge when we arrived in LA last Sept. 3, 2013. We were generally happy with our accommodation. It had the amenities we needed like a small kitchen and dining area, including coffee, and toiletries. We wish to stay in this hotel towards the end of 2014 when we come back for our vacation. However, there was a problem with their wi-fi - we could not get a signal in our room. But at that time we did not need it . I hope this gets better next time.

Dedet and Lea, Cebu City Philippines

Room Tip: it was a good thing our host inspected the room where they wanted us to stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This "hotel" is one of the worst I've ever stayed in. They don't provide shampoo, Kleenex or bath soap. Room had no toilet paper. They do however provide complimentary dish soap?!? Very strange. Thin walls and barely hot water on the 2nd floor. I'd heard good things about Extended Stays ... I sure hope they all aren't like this one.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

• Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we were unable to provide you with the essentials to make your room a home away from home. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we will diligently check our rooms to make sure that all essentials are in the rooms.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at nrd2@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Our nonsmoking room smelled of smoke. The hallways outside of our room smelled of weed and the elevators smell extremely musty. One time the elevator didnt go down we had to get out and walk down the stairs which is fine for us but might be inconvienent to someone in a wheel chair.

Disappointed to find (after we booked) that there was no fitness center.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The last time I stayed at this hotel it was a dump, but I stayed there anyway because of the location near the friend I was visiting. The remodel makes it much nicer, and this stay was great. The hot water in my bathroom didn't work when I arrived but was fixed very quickly. The staff could not have been nicer. Since it had just been remodeled there was still a bit of a paint smell (to me) but that will pass. The room was not cleaned during my stay but I believe that's normal for a stay of my length (6 days.) Overall, a pleasant experience and I'll likely be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Sandy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our renovations and our staff. It was a true pleasure having you visit with us and we look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Radisson Hotel Chatsworth
#59 of 355 in Los Angeles
Westside
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport
Extended Stay America - Los Ange...
#247 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge? Share your experiences!