“Anything you need, ask for it.”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge
Ranked #233 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed 5 nights while we were visiting our daughter. The staff was very accommodating. Remember, it is an extended stay not luxury hotel. Anything we needed we asked the staff. They were helpful for necessities we forgot or didn't bring (ask for hair dryers, extra hangers). The hotel is located within walking distance of a convenience store, food market, Big Lots and Dollar store for items you may need. There are lots of eating establishments all around and a large shopping mall with a theater and nice eating places about 4 blocks away (long blocks, but doable). The staff was helpful when we need to have tickets printed off for boarding pass and the Getty Villa. Beds were comfortable. Down side, no patio or area outside with benches or chairs and not much of a lobby. We were busy sightseeing during the day.

Room Tip: not ground floor (seems less private) side walk outside close to building. Not much for views. one s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PABNewRichland_MN
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our accommodating staff and our convenient location. As well, it’s great to hear that you found your beds to be comfortable. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Had to stay somewhere local due to home renos. This place was near by.
You need to ask for everything. towels, face cloths, dish towel, soap, shampoo etc.

The rooms are the bare minimum.
Beds are less than comfortable, sheets are cheap.
Bath towels are lower quality than what I get the YMCA for a workout.

No daily cleaning service.

Staff are conditionally friendly - it all depends on what you need.
"Breakfast" - stop at the coffee - that's pretty good, the rest is better left alone.

After 2 nights I went searching for an alternative.
I found the Hilton in Woodland Hills for about $30 LESS per night.

This is a destination of last resort.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry that our housekeeping policy, our grab-and-go breakfast, and the quality of your linens did not meet your expectations. As well, I apologize that you found your bed to be uncomfortable. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at nrd@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We paid around $90 for a king smoking room (by accident.) Room was clean, had a bed, stove fridge, tv, and iron. Air/Heat worked well in the room. Nothing really above average about the hotel, except for maybe the service, everyone was very friendly.
Good area next to restaurants and mall.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Adriana - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your clean room, all of the amenities that we had to offer, and our hotel's location. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Arrived to find our confirmed king non-smoking room was unavailable, however they could offer is a first floor queen smoking room! The front desk clerk said our credit card would not work after three tries due to their system being down, and told us to return to the desk in 30 mins. Again the system was down according to the clerk. We returned from dinner later that night to an email from the credit card company showing our card had been charged three times! After calls to the credit card company and the clerk, the charges were finally removed!

We then noticed there were no amenities, and had not brought our own. According to the brochure handed to us at check-in, "forget something? Complimentary amenities are available at the front desk." When we asked for shampoo, the clerk told us the manager said they would give us one this time but it wasn't their policy to do so even though it was on their brochure!

Finally, I should mention it took nearly 30 minutes for us to check-in. Only one clerk working and at least three other guests were waiting. The clerk actually left us all standing at the desk while he left to check if rooms were cleaned. This was at 4:30 p.m. when check-in was 3 and rooms should have been ready!

We would not recommend this hotel and will never stay here again. This is unfortunate as our son attends college here and we had planned on spending several weeks here during the coming school years.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Beckie M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Beckie - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situations you described regarding the room type you reserved not being available, the wait time of your room, and the credit card issue are truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To ensure that these types of issues do not happen again, my team is focusing on turning the rooms around faster, and we've fixed the issue with our technical staff so that our credit card machine is working properly moving forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please contact me, at nrd@extendedstay.com or call me at 818.734.1787, as I would like to discuss this matter further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This hotel is absolutely fine for the average traveler. I do not like nasty hotels in bad or noisy areas, this place was clean, spacious, attractive , decent clientele, not questionable at all. Staff was very sweet ( a smile goes a long way.. Hint hint to the complainers) we were visiting family in the area for the weekend, they stopped in and I was not in a place that I would feel embarrassed. Bathroom was excellent, need anything? Just ask at the front desk, very accommodating. I don't get the bad reviews on here, I was very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am thrilled that you found our hotel to be clean, spacious and comfortable. As well, it is great to hear that our staff was friendly and accommodating during your stay with us. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am glad that we were able to meet that goal. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

We're a young couple from England, staying in Northridge from September to December 2013 due to work and family commitments. Before we arrived at Extended Stay America we were apprehensive, largely due to some of the reviews on here. However we couldn't have been happier.
Firstly the rooms were spacious and clean, the maid services the room based on how many nights you're staying, if you need towels or sheets, the front desk always had plenty when we asked. The rooms also had all the kitchen equipment that you would need, as well as an iron and ironing board.
We were actually on the smoking floor, but in a non-smoking room, my girlfriend's very sensitive to smoke, but we never had any problem, the hallways were always clean and fresh.
The huge asset that they have here is the staff, all of the people who worked on the desk made our stay as pleasant as possible, they were friendly and personable, offering help, which for us being from the UK was excellent. The staff who serviced the room were also very pleasant and professional.
Both myself, and my girlfriend would stay at Extended Stay America again if we were in the country for a prolonged period.
Thanks again to the staff, and sorry it's taken us a while to write a review.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am so glad to read your remarks about our hotel and staff. To uphold our company's high standards, we will continue to provide clean rooms and terrific customer service. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was our first and last stay at ESA.

Stayed only for one night. We arrived around noon and asked for an early check in if possible the clerk did not even bother looking on the computer and immediately said there's no room available. Yeah right, the parking lot is not even full. Anyway came back and asked to use the restroom and was told no restroom available. I can't believe it even a gas station offers restroom but the front desk was adamant they don't offer restroom only the guestroom has restroom. Well I explained I can't check in until 3pm but he just shrugged. oh my he is not very friendly at all.

After running around came back at 7:40pm and checked in with Jonathan who seems to be the opposite of the unfriendly front desk earlier in the day.

The room is nice and spacious, however I am disappointed that the linens are not fresh. Looks used to me, the good thing is I always carry my own pillows and sheets sort of paranoid. so because of that I did not get to sleep comfortably.

Location is perfect - it is within walking distance to all the restaurants and fast food chains nearby.

Breakfast - they provide "good" coffee - oatmeal bars, oranges and apples. nothing fancy.

I've heard complains about water not hot, our room is at 403 and did not have that problem.

In addition the thermostat control was not working and it would take a day to get maintenance since were checking out the next day there's no point.

ESA is mainly for weekly or monthly rentals since they offer small kitchenettes but not really a hotel facility. Don't think I am coming back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Northridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Hi there,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we were unsuccessful to fulfill that mission. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be going over company procedures to make sure the linens are fresh and the thermostats working in order to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Additionally, it was great to hear that Jonathan was able to assist you, and great to hear that our location was of a benefit. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at nrd@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.