“This is the worest hotel ever”

Valley Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #265 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Calgary, Canada
“This is the worest hotel ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

This was once a good hotel until they got new managers. They are rude ignorant. And unprofessional. When I booked a room last month they said it was available for 36 days now when I called them they said I cannot stay for 36days but, yet in 2012 I did stay for 36 days. They didn't respond to my call this month at all and I needed a hotel. They hung up on me and they would not answer my calls. And I was told that when I call today I can talk to the manager and while I was on the phone I herd the manager screaming at a guest at there hotel and threw his suitcase at a texi cab while waiting for a client at that hotel. And then when I waited for him to come on the phone to talk to me he was swearing at me and cursing me. And I didn't appreciate that. I don't know what I did but they told me they don't want me as a there client anymore. And no I did not damage anything because no money was taken out of my card. We left it clean and they said I could stay than this month they changed there minds I am glad I didn't stay there after he was swearing at the client and threw his suitcase after a client said his staff stole his wallet. And when the manger herd that from him he said get out of my hotel and threw his suitcase and the guy was like what are you doing with my suitcase and the taxi cab was like you damage my car and he swore at him and when the supervisor told him about me he was swearing at me. So I am glad I didn't stay there. I tried to stay here this year

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you want your stuff stolen or swore at like me.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pam P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We arrived past 8 PM. I told him that I reserved through booking .com. When he asked for my credit card, I asked him " Am I not paid yet since I gave to Booking .com my credit information .I have always used Expedia and everything is paid when we checked in , so I thought Booking.com was the same. Of course he looked irritated and talked to me like a child that Booking.com does only booking and that's all. So I said , no problem and I gave him my ID and credit card. When we got done he handed the key without saying anything and so I asked him where is this room? He sarcastically answered, of course not out the door except going in , and smiled like how stupid can you be. There are some hotels that you go in your rooms by going out of the lobby and parking your car in front of the rooms like so many hotels. This guy seems like unhappy person and no customer service in mind.

Room Tip: The breakfast is served only starting at 7:00 AM so a little late when you have early errands. Th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank j0yce60
Mission Hills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Valley Inn is the last years our 'second' home when we are in the area Los Angeles. The rooms are spacious and clean. The situation of the hotel is perfect. Helpful staff. Price/quality is perfect when I look to our experiences with other hotels in that region.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Peter V
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone because they have cockroaches, i saw three or four in the bathroom in the morning when I woke up, i complained to the receptionist and he sent a housekeeper who mopped the floor which i believe was not enough so i asked for another room, but there was even a bigger cockroach there. when i talked to the manager, Chris Geovani, he said that they cannot control things like that so i filed a complaint with health department, i hope it will help

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Darya B

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

This would be the perfect hotel if you had a car, taking public transport in this area is intimidating and scary it's very rough and a couple of times we got stranded coming back from central LA as early as 10pm and had to taxi it so only stay here if you are renting a car.

clean rooms every day, tv/wireless was great, pool was lovely and staff on reception were good (except for one receptionist who did't have a clue) breakfast is good for free. it's a basic hotel with everything you need for a good vacation would just recommend you to hire a car if staying here.

we stayed for two weeks and only experienced trouble one night as the room above us wouldn't stop partying, the reception handled it very quickly and offered us a free night.

Room Tip: bottom floor, as you can walk to the pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dansville, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stay at this hotel every time I am in the LA area. I have stayed here 7 times in the last 1&1/2 years. It is under remodeling and has been for over a year, however the staff are awesome and there has been progress. I had a choice to stay at a "nicer place" on my last visit, but couldn't justify the money and not having the familiarity of the staff and hotel. The best thing about this hotel is the inner courtyard with an amazing pool and old growth palms and a grill!

Room Tip: choose inside rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've been coming to this hotel visiting family for about a year, almost every month or every other month. I researched the area looking for a inexpensive hotel pretty much just to have a place to spend the night. This place works just fine. Spacious rooms, decent breakfast included. I have never had a problem whatsoever. Personnel is really nice, and willing to help. I'd recommended it to anyone looking just for a basic room and board; nothing fancy, nothing wrong with the place either. I usually book 4-6 weeks in advance and have been getting about the same price of $70 per night. Couples of pros for this place: Easy access to major freeways and plenty of restaurants and stores around to choose from. Definitively recommended.

• Stayed April 2013