“Nice Place, Friendly People”

Alcove Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #81 of 10,239 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My daughter took me here for a mother-daughter time and it was bustling with people and had a good atmosphere from the onset. This is a bakery also and there was a line to order food; then a server takes the food to you. It has a nice outside area and the bakery case was full of luscious looking food. We decided to sit at the bar; have a glass of wine and a small bite. They have great cheese plates and hummus and we enjoyed our time. With our daughter living in Los Feliz; we'll be back to this great happy spot.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Order at the counter and they bring your food to the table. The patio is lovely with lots of shade and some secluded areas.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My adult daughter and I visited this place on a sunny Sunday afternoon for brunch. It had valet parking or you could hunt down a side street to park (make sure you look at the rules for parking there. This is LA…they give out tickets even if you are three inches into a red zone). The place was packed. Half the restaurant is out doors. Most of it is covered with foliage. It is like a hidden gem. Very cool vibe. Here you order your food at the counter, find a seat and they bring out whatever you ordered out to you. I ordered a custom omelet which came with Rosemary potatoes, (which comes with most omelet dishes) and three pieces of toast (a variety of artesian breads or a bagel for $1 more). My daughter had the crepes. She considers herself a crepe expert since she spent some time in France and gave their version 5 stars (out of five). She said it wasn’t too sweet and they were done just right. The custom omelet gives you two choices of a variety of meats and vegetables and a choice of about six cheeses. It was fine (a little over priced for the omelets ($12+) but not too bad). My only bone to pick was the coffee. I was given a choice of refillable cup or to go cup. I choose a refillable cup. Well, they never came out to refill the cup. Plus they had two stations in the restaurant where I had to go to put some creamer in. (they don’t provide you an option at your table). When we were about to leave, the bus guy asked if I needed something and I asked when was my coffee going to get filled (the only time they came around). He came out with a cup that had chunks of coffee bean floating in it and well that wasn’t acceptable but I let it go. All things considered, I would definitely come here again. Just keep in mind, they don’t seem to have wait staff and you have to go find your own coffee fixin’s. Food was great. Nice little place. Great place for good conversation and good food.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I found this place while exploring Los Feliz and what a find. We got there in the late afternoon and my wife ordered the Cobb salad and I had the Cuban sandwich. Both dishes were delicious and plenty to eat. For dessert we split the chocolate mousse cake and coffee which was likewise delicious. We sat out in front and the trees had lights wrapped around them and the tables were on the small side but not uncomfortable. Cozy and casual. Will definitely go back there.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

This place had a real cool vibe walking up to the entrance with plenty of outdoor seating. Big menu with plenty to choose from. Price range is a little more than I'm use to but average for LA. I did the breakfast quesdilla and was really happy with it.

Water with lemons and oranges was free which was nice.

Give it a try!