“Do NOT STAY HERE!!!”
Review of Vibe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Vibe Hotel
Ranked #166 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Be aware of the False Good Postings on here it's the managers posting it.

I checked in the hotel and paid for two weeks which totaled $871. Due to an unexpected family illness I had to check out after 3 days. I was told no refund would be given for the remaining 11 nights I paid for and they essentially stole $617 dollars from me. I filed a claim dispute with my bank today to try to get my money back that they are stealing form me.
On top of that the rooms are disgusting with sticky carpeting, roaches, and dirty stained sheets. Constant loud music and partying through the night into the morning with management not caring or doing anything about it. There are prostitutes and drug dealers right outside the building and possibly your room all night. Someone was stabbed right outside my room the first night I was there and the constant sound of gunfire was terrifying.

The location is horrible their are sirens form police cars and ambulances going by all night. I maybe slept 1 hr in the 3 nights I was there due to the noise and fear of death.

This Place SUCKS if it was free i wouldn't stay there. On top of that they are thieves and will steal your money if they get the chance, STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank Concernedtraveler54
There are newer reviews for Vibe Hotel

Reviewed 19 April 2010

I love this hostel/hotel. It has a great location in Hollywood, is clean, spacious and along with its sister hostels always provides evening entertainment. We were there for Halloween and a free keg party! Staff are always friendly and it wasn't too noisy. Free breakfast is coffee and toast.

Is expensive for a hostel but cheap for a central budget hotel and probably nicer.

We took a private ensuite but the dorms looked nice.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2010

We arrived to check in and were told it was an additional $3 to put the room on our credit card, or we could pay cash. We stayed in a private room, sloppily painted walls door was cracked at the bottom corner and the bed was uncomfortable. Internet was intermittant. We stayed Saturday night they had a band that played until 11 pm and we were awoken at 7:15 am on Sunday by roofers banging on the roof for about an hour and 1/2. I feel for the price we payed to stay here $110 we could have stayed in a nicer hotel. Lesson learned

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2010

The website makes it look great, the place is a dump. evidence of bedbugs, unfriendly staff and general bad feel. I do not have high expectations and don't agree with alot of the reviews found on trip advisor but ewww, stay away from this place!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank CanadaMochilera
Reviewed 27 October 2009

I read about the poor management reviews of the Vibe and decided to take my chances. The Vibe seriously screwed up my weekend - turned us away and forced us to search for a hotel in Hollywood at 10 o'clock at night. Seriously uncalled for.

I had scheduled a room a week in advance at the Vibe, and even called in during the middle of the week to make sure they had me down for the room. We were running late the day of arrival so I gave them a call to let them know we'd be there, but then I was told that our room had been given away and we were moved to The Orbit (sister hotel of the Vibe) on the other side of Hollywood!! I specifically wanted the Vibe because it was within walking distance of a festival we were going to. We never received any phone call about the change and were told that they had no paper work for us. We straight up told them that this was bad management and insisted that we receive a free night for the mishap. Free night was out of the question and we were in fact turned away and told that we were not welcomed!

We stayed at a miserable hotel on the first night (The Townehouse on Sunset), and then stayed at Magic Castle on Franklin Ave, which was wonderful and I really recommend them if you want a comfortable stay. It's more expensive obviously but to have the quality and assurance makes the trip so much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2009

The room is very clean, they clean the room every day which I'm very thankful for that. What will be a nice treat other than come to the clean room after a long day ^_^

The staff is very friendly, however, some didn't know much details on the services offer; i.e. I booked a pick up to disneyland and i asked what time would the driver pick us up and where would be the meeting point at disneyland, they had to make three calls before they can give me the answers which i thought they are supposed to know this basic answer.

On the weekend, there will be a party where everyone can enjoyed free food & basketball match, however, the noise of the stereo as well as those who were enjoyed themselves last til 2 am., and that was the time when i can go to sleep. I think they should have time limit in case other guests want to sleep after the long day.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2009

My husband & I stayed here because friend's had recommended it :) It was great. We were on Hollywood Blvd, the bus stops right out front of the hostel & the hostel offers great tours. The tours were small groups & reasonably priced, we did the night tour & the LA tour which included Beverley Hills, Bel Air, Venice Beach etc. We enjoyed the free breakfast, free WIFI & the karaoke night which included dinner & free drinks. The staff were great & very helpful. We stayed in a private room with a kitchen, it was clean & spacious. We couldn't have asked for more on our budget.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple