“Overpriced Vibe”
Review of Vibe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Vibe Hotel
Ranked #166 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 April 2010

We arrived to check in and were told it was an additional $3 to put the room on our credit card, or we could pay cash. We stayed in a private room, sloppily painted walls door was cracked at the bottom corner and the bed was uncomfortable. Internet was intermittant. We stayed Saturday night they had a band that played until 11 pm and we were awoken at 7:15 am on Sunday by roofers banging on the roof for about an hour and 1/2. I feel for the price we payed to stay here $110 we could have stayed in a nicer hotel. Lesson learned

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 April 2010

The website makes it look great, the place is a dump. evidence of bedbugs, unfriendly staff and general bad feel. I do not have high expectations and don't agree with alot of the reviews found on trip advisor but ewww, stay away from this place!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank CanadaMochilera
Reviewed 27 October 2009

I read about the poor management reviews of the Vibe and decided to take my chances. The Vibe seriously screwed up my weekend - turned us away and forced us to search for a hotel in Hollywood at 10 o'clock at night. Seriously uncalled for.

I had scheduled a room a week in advance at the Vibe, and even called in during the middle of the week to make sure they had me down for the room. We were running late the day of arrival so I gave them a call to let them know we'd be there, but then I was told that our room had been given away and we were moved to The Orbit (sister hotel of the Vibe) on the other side of Hollywood!! I specifically wanted the Vibe because it was within walking distance of a festival we were going to. We never received any phone call about the change and were told that they had no paper work for us. We straight up told them that this was bad management and insisted that we receive a free night for the mishap. Free night was out of the question and we were in fact turned away and told that we were not welcomed!

We stayed at a miserable hotel on the first night (The Townehouse on Sunset), and then stayed at Magic Castle on Franklin Ave, which was wonderful and I really recommend them if you want a comfortable stay. It's more expensive obviously but to have the quality and assurance makes the trip so much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2009

The room is very clean, they clean the room every day which I'm very thankful for that. What will be a nice treat other than come to the clean room after a long day ^_^

The staff is very friendly, however, some didn't know much details on the services offer; i.e. I booked a pick up to disneyland and i asked what time would the driver pick us up and where would be the meeting point at disneyland, they had to make three calls before they can give me the answers which i thought they are supposed to know this basic answer.

On the weekend, there will be a party where everyone can enjoyed free food & basketball match, however, the noise of the stereo as well as those who were enjoyed themselves last til 2 am., and that was the time when i can go to sleep. I think they should have time limit in case other guests want to sleep after the long day.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2009

My husband & I stayed here because friend's had recommended it :) It was great. We were on Hollywood Blvd, the bus stops right out front of the hostel & the hostel offers great tours. The tours were small groups & reasonably priced, we did the night tour & the LA tour which included Beverley Hills, Bel Air, Venice Beach etc. We enjoyed the free breakfast, free WIFI & the karaoke night which included dinner & free drinks. The staff were great & very helpful. We stayed in a private room with a kitchen, it was clean & spacious. We couldn't have asked for more on our budget.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joeljade
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Well...we have been travelling for three years and have stayed in more places than I can remember. I can say that this place was not high on my list.

Lets start with the staff. NOT IMPRESSED!! They were rude and extremely unhelpful, had no idea about where to go or what to do in LA. They live here for crying out loud and they didn't even know there was a huge red tourist bus that went to al the major sites.

Also, with the planned activities what a joke. We had free dinner at the Vibe Bar, which they forgot to tell us that this 'Bar' was actually just their other hostel not even a proper bar. Then they had a free shuttle there, dropped us off without telling us anything about where we were going, then after asking I found out there was no shuttle back.

Now onto location. Not really knowing anything about LA before getting here. West Hollywood is a good hour walk to Hollywood and over an hour to the beach. Wish I had know that when I was booking this hostel. My advice, stay in Hollywood, not West Hollywood!!

If you are thinking of staying at the West Hollywood, don't stay somewhere else that is close to civilisation.

Happy travels

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2008

This was not what we had expected when we turned up.
We were first greeted (rudely) by the woman on the desk who instructed us that we had to wait 4.5 hrs to check into our room at midday. Which would have been fine under normal circumstances, but she was talking about the room being used the day before for a photo shoot, and that the room was completely empty the night before, and still wouldnt let us in after a horrible 8 hour grehound trip.
The room was awful. The lurid green paint job was sloppy and the furniture was broken. The bathroom was AWFUL. The toilet needed to be flushed over and over again just to flush a tissue. The shower was terrible, it ran cold constantly and the pressure was non-existant. on our 4th day the electricity in our room completely died, and no-one turned up to fix it until later on in the day.
When we asked to print out our tour voucher on the office printer, i was told by the clueless woman behind the counter that "we dont have a printer", and there was one sitting directly behind her.
The free breakfast was average, cereal and toast. There was no option for soy milk or any other breakfast alternative, unless you wanted to pay for it.
We had no housekeeping for the whole ten days we stayed, so we emptied our own rubbish and had to return dirty towels for clean ones.
The staff that worked there were not helpfull at all, and it seemed like they were working for accommodation. Particularly one australian woman was exceptionally rude to us.

I would never, ever recommend this hotel to anyone. stay closer to the strip, because it is not as close as the Vibe suggests.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)