“Magic and Food”

The Magic Castle
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 15 April 2014

There is a Sunday brunch with magic that is open to the public. The brunch is OK but very crowded. There is basically one magic show. You are given a timed ticket. We had to wait an hour for the show after lunch. There are things to see, but it was not enough to fill the hour.

2  Thank MargieLA

Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you have dinner here, expect to shell out quite a bit by the time the night is over, but it's a really fun place, particularly with a group of friends. Silly but practical recommendation…wear comfortable shoes. The dress code means everyone wears fancy clothes, and for women, that usually means heels. My feet were killing me by the end of the night. I hadn't expected so much standing time.

3  Thank EmBentley
Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you know a magician or can finagle tickets from someone who knows a magician, this is a really fun evening. The magicians are so talented - you will be scratching your head and wondering how they can fool the audience in such close proximity. I would have rated this 5 stars, except the buffet dinner is only so-so.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I must admit I was rather skeptical about this trip, with a $30.00 cover charge, $10 valet parking an expensive meal, all with a side of a very strict dress code, would it be worth it? As soon as I took a sip of my cocktail, a Sour Tart, I knew we were off to a good start. Our party of 6 all had an excellent dinner with appitizers all cooked to perfection with attentive service.
But this is not why you go to the Magic Castle, it is all about the stunning quality of the shows. The main show featured Jonathan Pendragon and he blew our minds!! He packed in so much into 45 mins, well worth the money. We also saw Doc Eason in the W.C Fields bar he was also very high quality. Highly recommended!

3  Thank HRHofOC
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Went to the magic castle last night for a friends birthday. It was great everyone was nuce and the service was quick. The private little magic shows were way better than the big ones but we enjoyed them all. Very good drinks (very potent)