“Excellent Upgrades, but not quite perfect”

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Ranked #39 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
California
“Excellent Upgrades, but not quite perfect”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This courtyard features Mariott's new lobby layout - very functional, love the 24hr "convenience store", and upgraded rooms with dark chocolate furniture. Overall, a very nice look.

That said, a couple of minor problems prevent me from giving a 5 star rating. First, the bathroom does not have a fan?? Helpful for the obvious reason, but also for venting the shower steam. Additionally, the sink faucet fits "oddly" over the sink so that water is easily spread across the counter getting other items wet, and the iron in the closet is set so high, there's only a small amount of space to pull it out. I'm sure they'll have a hole in there in a couple of months from people pulling it in and out.

And not related to the upgrades, watch out for the REQUIRED $14/day valet fee. I was aware of it upfront, but still don't like it. Also, no pool available, so not really "kid friendly".

Overall, a very nice hotel, and friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Airport hotels around the world are always pricey and you often don't get what you pay for. The Courtyard has been renovated and it's definitely worth your money for an airport hotel. The shuttle is shared with Marriott LAX from the airport and comes around every 15 minutes. I had stayed at Marriott LAX before and I think Courtyard as bigger rooms.

I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a new clean renovated hotel at a reasonable price at LAX. It may not have a restaurant or bar, but it has a small bistro open for breakfast and dinner. The hotel also had Advance Car Rental on site so you can rent a car to go out and about if you wish without having to go back tot the airport to get another bus to the car rental places.

Staff are all nice and friendly here. Room was quiet and not as noisy as the Marriott LAX as they have thinner walls and connecting doors.

My only gripe is I wish the laundry was cleaner. Fitness room was spotless though. Will definitely come back again for a stopover connecting flights.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Denver, CO
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Spent a whopping 5 hours at this hotel but they were the most convenient, hassle-free 5 hours we could have hoped for leading up to our flight back home. Had a very late check in (no problem) with good AAA rate, had plenty of PCs and printer stations to print out our boarding passes (super convenient), shuttle driver was pumped and ready at 6am to get people to the terminal asap, and coffee was brewed and ready. Rooms are what you expect - cookie cutter but clean and modern. Wouldn't necessarily plan an extended stay here since they cater to the traveler on-the-go but kudos to the Courtyard for helping end our trip on good note.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Everything was great. The shuttle picked us up at the airport promptly. We were greeted by hotel staff who was very informative and answered all our questions about the hotel and surrounding attractions. Every staff member that we encountered was helpful and very professional.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I usually avoid Marriotts, but bidding at Priceline sent me to this one. I stayed for a few hours between flights in the summer of 2010.

Receptionist was wonderful.

Room was clean and attractively-decorated.

Bed was very comfortable.

All of this for just $45 -- really can't complain.

Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Cibolo, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Our hotel experience started great with the convenient shuttle from the airport. Upon arriving to the hotel, we immediately noticed that the hotel was very nice and clean. Additionally, the employees were very welcoming and provided us with outstanding service. To highlight this outstanding service, after Cathy finished checking us in, I asked her a question regarding taxi or any other service for my husband to Long Beach the next day to pick up our truck at the ports and she said she would get us the info. By the time we got to our room she had left a message with info. Also I was going by looking for some other info and the manager approached me to see he could help. Even at the food and bar area the employees were nice. Everyone conducted themselves very professional and always with a smile. Rooms were very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 19 June 2011

This place saved me from a horrible experience at a hostel. I only stayed there one night and had to get out, and found this hotel on priceline. Although using such sites won't guarantee you this location. I was amazed that it was actually CHEAPER than a private room at the hostel. After staying at the disgusting hostel, walking into the Courtyard felt like a palace! I gasped when I opened my room and saw how enormous it was and absolutely beautifully decorated. Fully stocked "mini store" in the lobby that could have almost anything you would ever need at all hours. Reasonably priced adult beverages at the Bistro as well. I was also shocked that the internet was both wired and wireless (your choice) and it was free. Not many hotels of this caliber offer free internet. I highly recommend this place, especially for travelers. Rent a car and then stay here no matter where your vacation or business takes you into the LA area. When you're ready to fly back home, you're within less than 5 minutes from the airport...and as busy as LAX is, you need to be there AT LEAST 2 hours before your departure. Being so close will give you extra sleep on the amazingly comfortable beds. This is my new regular hotel for every future visit to LA.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business