“Lovely and functional”

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Ranked #42 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Loved our updated modern room. Lots of usable space. Large sink area outside of toilet ,tub area. Very attractive. Friendly helpful staff. 24 hr snack bar . Shop with food and drinks. Microwave for guests use. Refrigerator and safe in room. Exercise room and outdoor whirlpool. Definitely easy for Hertz car return and airport shuttle. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 September 2011

Checked in at 12.30 am, two desks were open and serving customers when I walked in, another desk was opened and I was checked in very quickly - at 12.30am!! Clearly a well run facility that understands what a traveller needs after a long day.

Room was recently renovated in a zenish Japanese style, while the materials used were on the cheap side (cotton/poly linen & towels, plastic wood) it was all very tasteful. The room is very well lit, has a safe, fridge, iron/board and a huge flat screen (42?). Apart from being spotlessly clean it was also pretty big (I'll post some photos) and I particularly liked the king + sofa bed layout - super practical.

Free shuttle bus & wifi and a 24hr snack/amenity shop made for a very convenient short stay. One negative would be that the proximity to the airport meant I could hear planes but not enough to disturb me...

Previously stayed at the 4points and the Holiday Inn - for my money this was streets ahead.

Hope this is helpful.

Room Tip: 701 is at the end with a curved glass wall feature - good space
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank slj_10
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Stayed at this lovely hotel after a long flight and then again on departure . It is just great !!!!! Rooms are recently remodeled ,spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed. I was surprised to find this gem. We came into LA after a long flight and they have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel so it was convenient.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank rusty1818
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed for a day here and it was fantastic, the hotel room was very clean, everything worked in the room, the wi-fi was fantastic and quick and the bed just heavenly especially after a 13 hour flight!!
Great price as well if looking for somewhere close to stay by the airport but no noise. The free shuttle service to and from the airport is fantastic and the drivers are very courteous and helpful with luggage. A fantastic hotel definitely recommend staying

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GladiatorMark
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I drove across country east to west coast and stayed at quite a number of hotels along the way. I always research where I am going to stay via trip advisor. This was booked at the last minute because I had to stay additional night and the prices were right. They have nice, large and beautiful rooms. Beautiful bathroom, linen etc. I loved the shower curtain what a great touch versus the standard white. Clean, clean, clean! When I come into a room I check bathroom, strip bed, check mattress, check air-condition/heater, closet etc. All was in good order. Best hotel of all during my trip. Check in went very fast, nice young man at front desk greeted me with smile and very professional. You have to do valet if you stay there. The valet man was very nice and when I came down to check out my car was sitting in front ready to go I did not even have to call. I like my car was right outside so I could get anything I forgot. I also like that they have security that can see your car.

I ate dinner late at their bistro. I did not expect too much because it was not a full restaurant but I was pleasantly surprised. Service was nice and quick when taking order; Food came fast and was hot and so good!) I would just go back for the food!) My sister thought the food was pricey but if good who cares. She loved her food too. All the people there were great. Overall nice job. I hope they keep this hotel nice.
Free Business center with printer (check)
Clean and beautifully appointed room (check)
Free Wi-Fi in room (check)
Nice, welcoming and professional staff in all areas--front desk, food services and valet (check)
No noise slept very well (check)
Free Airport Shuttle (check)
Wake Up call (check)
Food onsite and good (check)
Beautiful Lounge area to hang out, eat and relax.
No drinks in lobby or at bar (check)
Parking with security (check) although charge
5 star

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank pickylady35
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This courtyard features Mariott's new lobby layout - very functional, love the 24hr "convenience store", and upgraded rooms with dark chocolate furniture. Overall, a very nice look.

That said, a couple of minor problems prevent me from giving a 5 star rating. First, the bathroom does not have a fan?? Helpful for the obvious reason, but also for venting the shower steam. Additionally, the sink faucet fits "oddly" over the sink so that water is easily spread across the counter getting other items wet, and the iron in the closet is set so high, there's only a small amount of space to pull it out. I'm sure they'll have a hole in there in a couple of months from people pulling it in and out.

And not related to the upgrades, watch out for the REQUIRED $14/day valet fee. I was aware of it upfront, but still don't like it. Also, no pool available, so not really "kid friendly".

Overall, a very nice hotel, and friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Airport hotels around the world are always pricey and you often don't get what you pay for. The Courtyard has been renovated and it's definitely worth your money for an airport hotel. The shuttle is shared with Marriott LAX from the airport and comes around every 15 minutes. I had stayed at Marriott LAX before and I think Courtyard as bigger rooms.

I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a new clean renovated hotel at a reasonable price at LAX. It may not have a restaurant or bar, but it has a small bistro open for breakfast and dinner. The hotel also had Advance Car Rental on site so you can rent a car to go out and about if you wish without having to go back tot the airport to get another bus to the car rental places.

Staff are all nice and friendly here. Room was quiet and not as noisy as the Marriott LAX as they have thinner walls and connecting doors.

My only gripe is I wish the laundry was cleaner. Fitness room was spotless though. Will definitely come back again for a stopover connecting flights.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business