“More than adequate airport hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
Ranked #37 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Coral Gables
“More than adequate airport hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We pulled into the entry at 5 on a Thursday evening, the valet guy held the key while we checked in and took the luggage to our room. Then we drove the few minutes to drop of the rental car and Hertz gave us a ride back to the hotel. Good deal, all was quick and pleasant. Very clean, modern rooms, did not hear much jet noise surprisingly. Super comfy bed. The lobby area had a friendly set up with many tables with their own televisions. The little bar was very busy with people getting snacks/light fare and drinks. They make a surprising amount of food there considering it's not a "real" restaurant. And it's pretty good. If you decide to sit at the bar for a drink or meal you still must get in line to order. At least that was the case while we were there. One busy guy behind the bar, taking orders from the line and pouring the drinks. He did not tell us we had to get in line until I finally asked. He was friendly enough though. Just busy. Don't order a mixed drink, they come pre-mixed. Stick to the basics. Hotel shuttle was prompt, 5 minutes to the terminal at 06:00. Would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Strempek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

After a quick (and complimentary) shuttle ride from LAX, check in was very smooth. I was greatful for both of these things, having just come off a long haul flight from New Zealand.

I would generally describe Courtyward hotel rooms as spacious and room 404 at the Courtyard Loas Angeles LAX was no different.

It had 2 queen beds, an iron & ironing board, empty bar fridge, large flat screen TV, work desk and free WiFi access (which did cut out on me a couple of times).

The bathroom was small - even though the vanity unit is in the main bedroom. Although the strangest thing was the motion sensored light in the bathroom. An odd feeling when the light goes off while you are in the shower.

The view wasn't that impressive and I must admit I could hear airplanes going overhead. That being said, I would have been stunned if I couldn't hear some noise given the close proximity to the airport.

While there is a restaurant in the hotel, it is only open for breakfast and dinner (from 6pm). However, for a quick lunch, you can go next door to Subway or go to the "Marketplace" in the hotel foyer to buy something from their range of basic light snacks (sandwiches, fruit, chocolate, icecream etc).

The breakfast options are quite extensive. I enjoyed the oatmeal, but they had other larger meal options. Starbucks coffee is also available. The seating area is quite nice and well laid out.

The hotel has a gym and a coin operated guest laundry (although I didn't use either of them). Both of which would be really useful if you were here for a few nights.

It was almost a shame that I was only here for one night!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Conveniently located across from LAX. The hotel staff was friendly and welcoming during check-in. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. I found the hotel to be a rather nice place to stay. Would stay again. Hotel offers valet parking and complimentary WiFi.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed here on the last night of a week-long stay in California, simply needing a place to stay before flying home in the morning. This hotel is very close to the airport, with a shuttle that runs every 15-20 minutes, 24 hours a day.

The room was very clean and comfortable. The onsite restaurant is the "Bistro," typical of Courtyards everywhere. It is a small bar/restaurant where you order at the counter, and there is a seating area with several televisions.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

After 24 hours of traveling, we arrived at the courtyard. Check in was fast and efficient. The rooms are spacious. The beds are very good. So far we are very satisfied. We ordered breakfast at the bistro, in the hotel lobby. My wife got her breakfast, I didn't get my order. They would bring it immidiatly, they said. I had to wait another 15 minutes. My wife already finshed her bereakfast before I got mine. No excuses, no appology.
I would recommend the Courtyard, but take your breakfast somewhere else.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardLAX, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Peter E,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and address the pleasant aspects of your stay along with your fast check-in, our spacious rooms and comfortable pillow top mattresses. We are however, very sorry to learn of your less than satisfying encounter in our Bistro. Your feedback on the service incident is troublesome and very unfortunate. We always expect orders to be served together, at one time and in a timely manner. This clearly wasn't the case for you and your wife and not the way to start off your day. I'd like to ask that you contact me directly to further discuss your experience. I can be reached at 310-649-1400. We appreciate your time and consideration and I look forward to talking to you soon.

Israel Mora, General Manager
Fenwick Island, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my family stayed here for one night because we had a flight leaving in the morning and it was conveniently located next to LAX. The room was clean and spacious and the beds were comfy. The staff was also very nice and helpful. However the Bistro that was downstairs didn't have a lot of options for dinner food wise. I would recommend you stay here if you want to be conveniently located next to LAX:)

Stayed February 2014
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed here for one night while making a transfer. Convenient courtesy bus to and from LAX. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel has many features that make travelling easy, such as a self-operated laundry and a well-stocked mini grocery store in the lobby, which is great as there isn't much to eat in this neighbourhood.
The hotel was clean and well maintained and the rooms were large and comfortable. There is free internet throughout the hotel (would never stay in a hotel which makes you pay) and the rooms are very quiet - you never hear the planes. Sink was in room rather than bathroom, but wasn't really an issue.
Very good airport hotel.