“Excellent room”

Ranked #39 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
La Habra, California
“Excellent room”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We arrived late at night from the airport. The receptionist was exceptionally friendly as well as efficient. Our top floor room itself was large and just beautiful. There was a side view of the airport with the planes landing and taking off. The toilet-bathtub room was quite small but adequate. There was no fan. The shower head was fabulous. Everything was flawlessly cleaned.
My only real irritation was that housekeeping interrupted with a call asking when we were leaving before checkout time and despite a "Do not Disturb" sign hanging from the door.

Room Tip: If you don't want to be interrupted,, it's up to you to make sure housekeeping knows the exa...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Totally loved my stay at this hotel! everything was perfect! the staff was very polite and helpful! (trust me I'm a very picky person) I didn't find 1 flaw here! ohh, also I requested a late check out since my flight left late and they where kind enough to let us stay few hours past checkout.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Villalva
minneapolis mn
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Excellent customer service. I was flying into LAX with my two adult daughters heading to the Oscars and we were traveling different schedules. This property was very flexible about our three different arrival times. I requested a room to myself next to my two daughters and the hotel did this with no problems. My flight got in pretty early and I was able to get into my room early: thank you!! Free wifi fast. Non-smoking property, even outdoors, GREAT. The outdoor patio has two gas fire pit features and the staff lit both of them so we could sit outside; even in the morning! We did not have any problems with the Bistro; I paid for breakfast package and felt it was very well-done and tasted great. We ate dinner at the Bistro as well and I don't know why other reviews are critical. The hotel "store" had very fresh salads and other food items for purchase. Wonderful central bar area, and then we went outdoors when the fireplaces were lit. Beds are so comfortable and no insects. GREAT TV reception. Happy employees. Fast, large business center. Beautiful grounds and clean. Room exceptionally clean. I could not find a particle of dust or loose hair and trust me, I look.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank queenmalley
canada
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was not as pleasant as most other Courtyards we have stayed in. It has been renovated fairly recently, but to quite a basic level, and already has a musty feel to it. Sink is in bedroom area, but has no bar on which to hang a towel.Public areas are small and not very well kept, and outdoor space was unattractive. Windows needed to be washed. However, the doorman/ car attendant was very helpful and dinner at the Sheraton next door was wonderful.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CanadaBenji
Australia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I travel over 100 nights a year and stay in many hotels. Earlier reviews describe this hotel accurately as very good value, with which I agree. I need internet at my hotels. The free internet provided was too slow, the charged so called high speed internet was no better. It caused me great embarrassment and extra cost. I have had better internet in developing / third world countries. The Bistro is a disgrace to a hotel brand as established as Marriott Courtyard. The hot breakfast is basic but acceptable. The day and evening meals are the standard of a street vendor. The value for money for the meal supplied is the worst I have experienced from a class one hotel in at least 3 years.

Room Tip: no comment
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank gumnut66
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, close to the airport, excellent rooms and staff was always helpful and smiling! There is no restaurant and the cafe by the lobby is always full with horrible and slow service! Get your meals somewhere else!! Parking is also always full!!

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Guilhermedacosta
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I were on a transit from Chicago to Singapore. We had decided that we should stay a night in the LAX area hotel. Since I had Marriott Reward points, I chose the Courtyard Los Angeles. I have had very good experiences staying at the Courtyard chain in Shanghai. The weather in the Northeastern portion of the USA was unpredictable and I didn't want to miss my flight in LAX due to delays.

When we arrived at the hotel, we waited in line for registration. When our turn came, I walked up to the receptionist and he greeted us. I showed him my reservation printed on my iPad. He then proceeded to issue me the keys to the room and pointed to the direction of the elevator. Very few words and no pleasantries were exchanged.

The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and we have WiFi in the room. That night our sleep was comfortable.

The next day, we walked out for breakfast at a nearby outlet. Upon our return, my wife walked up to a receptionist to ask about the complimentary shuttle to the airport. He pointed to an attendant outside the door and asked her to talk to him. I remembered him as the same person who checked me in. There was no smile and friendliness in his voice. However, we got our information.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KLCheah
CourtyardLAX, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Mr. Cheah,

We are very disappointed to learn about your recent stay with us. It is always our goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations during their entire visit and your comments are clear that we failed both in your arrival and departure experience. We do pride ourselves on a warm and friendly staff that goes the extra mile to wow each and every guest in the hotel. Your comments have been shared with our entire team along with one on one roll-play and further training to prevent this from occurring again.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable night sleep in a clean and spacious room staying better connected via our complimentary wireless Internet access along with the complimentary and convenient transportation to/from LAX.

Feedback is always welcome and we do appreciate your time in sharing yours with us.