“Nice Hiking Retreat Within Los Angeles”

Temescal Gateway Park
Los Angeles, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice Hiking Retreat Within Los Angeles”
Reviewed 1 September 2008

I went to Temescal Gateway Park today, Sunday, August 31st, 2008. It costs $5 to park, and you have to use a self paying envelope.

The Park itself is small but very beautiful. There are plenty of places to rest and enjoy a picnic in a scene that seems far away from usual LA city life.

There are a few trails to choose from, all of which end up connecting in some way. The hike we chose today was going up the trail that leads towards the waterfall. It is a little over a mile to the waterfall.

The trail was good for amateurs and it winded through the canyon along a dried up creek.

The waterfall was non-existent, as expected, but the hike was still very nice. I wanted to go further (at which point the trail suddly got much steeper) but I was losing daylight (and was with my sisters, hence good for amateurs ;).

You can look at my pictures to see what kind of scenery to expect. There is a great view if you take a longer trail or go further down the trail we chose.

(I'll be there in the Spring)

3 Thank Kashberry

Los Angeles, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beautiful hike”
Reviewed 28 January 2006

A hike into nature a short drive from Santa Monica. A little short on shade, but nice. There's even a waterfall in a loop hike

1 Thank meimei421