“A good spot!”

Ranked #233 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
“A good spot!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I don't understand all the bad reviews on this place. My room was large, comfortable, and clean. Very comfortable bed. Room was serviced daily with fresh towels, soap, shampoo, etc. It's not the Four Seasons, for crying out loud, so I don't know what people are expecting here. It's a small, clean, quiet, and pleasant motel in a good section of Los Angeles. Ample parking in the front, and the staff was friendly and personable. Pricing is about right for the area.

Room Tip: Just ask for one!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank 992Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 24 February 2013

The hotel is average and to mind overpriced. We paid almost 100$ for 2 queen beds room for a night. Location is quite good, if you like spend time near beach. Just 10 minutes on a car from Venice Beach area. The room was clean, but there was a problem with hot water and really cold inside. Also we had an intense smell of anti insects chemistry. So in the end it's fine to spend one night there, but not more.

Room Tip: If you have a choice of rooms, check first that they don't smell with anti insects chemistry and...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank koteikos
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I smiled reading the previous reviews on the bed bugs. Fortunately, i did not encounter any bed bugs during my 2 nights stay.
Reception office was warm and friendly. I think it is a family-run business as there was a young guy and an older guy (who i assume to be his father). Ring the bell if you need service at the office and they will come from the back (i assume its where they live).
Got a room at the lower level. You could hear footsteps and people talking either from the room next to your or from the room above you. It gets worse especially when the noises come during the middle of the night. It was quite a hard time for me to be able to sleep.
Do not sit on the carpet! You'll get an itchy bump! - take care of your kids so not to lay or sit or play on the carpet.
There is a coin laundry opposite (convenient as the hotel does not have any laundry facilities).
I was quite surprised that the bathroom window was left opened when I checked in and it was as if someone was just standing out there staring at you.
The shower took quite some time for the water to become hot. I had to turn the shower latch to the maximum level and when the water gets hot, it get REALLY HOT I'm telling you. So I had to adjust the latch so it gets back to the normal warm water temperature. Such a hassle to shower!
Hotel is also quite a distant from any eateries.
The only thing i like about the room was there was a sort of separate area for the living with a couch. A fridge is provided in the room.
Looking at the hotel condition, personally I think, only couples or any young adults could tolerate this kind of flaws. Hotel is not at all suitable for kids.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank zati_dy
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Use to come all the time but every room has bed bugs now not worth it!

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank jay00000

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Winnetka, CA
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Ok, let me start from the beginning. I arrive 15 minutes late to my 1pm reservation. So why then did I have to wait 30 minutes for them to clean my room? And by clean I mean, wipe things down/off, and run the vac twice down the middle of the room. then I was able to walk in. Closing the front door to the room, was a task. Closing the bathroom door, was a mission. Since I'm on the hellish mission impossible bathroom...the room was so small I had to leave it to change my mind. The deathtrap of a shower had at best warm water. I had to leave it run for 30 minutes for hot. But once it was hot, it was hot! The window in the bathroom looked like one of those movie windows that a criminal staying over night would try to escape from. Which would have been easy since there was no screen on it. The bed was a king, but the headboard was a cal-king. which means it wasn't even attached to the bed! The sheets had burn stains on them, and there was no fitted bottom sheet. The Direct tv, had issues all night!. Every channel I tried to watch had static. The nicest touch to the room was the loveseat. And since the headboard wasn't attached you know the loveseat got over worked! Sadly, with all of that in the room, you barely had room for a table. Or at least THEY did. Not to mention that the fridge didn't work, and ice (which in most places is free) was 50 cents. And where was I gonna put on this soon to be water?!! Overall - if it weren't for the company, I would've packed up, cussed the guy in the front for having the nerve to call this place paradise anything, and left. Had I known there was a Rodeway Inn 5 minutes away, I would have gone there. Please don't make my mistake!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank VagrantSoul
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This is the dirtiest place I have ever stayed ..................I have been all over the world , and never saw such a room it was the first lower left room for disabled.102 I think We were very tired from being at the beach . When I first got in the bed I noticed a sting. I fell asleep in the morning I noticed some itching. Later that day I had swelling bumps all over my body from head to toe. Later that night they became infected over 100 Bed bug bites. We have contacted the health department of Las Angeles , I hope they close this place then bull doze it. If you want to stay here bring the local exterminator with you.
Ken and Kate Keisler San Francisco

Room Tip: none stay away
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank somamodel
California
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Stayed here for the LA marathon. Checked in a bit early and our room wasn't ready when we got our key. Went in the room and 1 bed wasn't ready and the white sheet had a bloody hand print on it!!! It makes you wonder what kind of people stay here. We asked for a different room and got a room with non-working TV and the hot shower was slow to get hot. We were worried the whole time and didn't sleep very well. We also heard our upstairs neighbor walking around. If you have no kids and just want to get through the night, this motel is very cheap for being close to the Santa Monica pier. I won't stay here again though.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
#4 of 8 in Culver City
Ramada Culver City
#7 of 8 in Culver City
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport
Extended Stay America - Los Ange...
#242 of 351 in Los Angeles
Rodeway Inn near Venice Beach
Rodeway Inn near Venice Beach
#269 of 351 in Los Angeles
King's Lodge Motel
King's Lodge Motel
#208 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Paradise Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!