“Nearly a 5! Great stay - Highly recommended”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Universal - N. Hollywood - Burbank
Ranked #122 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I was in town on business for 3 weeks - the first 2 I was staying at a terrible hotel in Glendale (see other reviews I've written), and switched to this one for my last week. I truly wish I would have booked here from the get-go.

Clean and spacious rooms. I made good use of the mini fridge and microwave during my stay - thank you - helped me eat healthier! The Wi-Fi was rockin'. Excellent, consistent connection, which is very important to business travelers especially. The free breakfast was very good too - I only wish they started serving it at 630 instead of 7AM.

Parking can be tough here, but they make the best of it with what little space they have. If they are full, be prepared to give the front desk your keys as they have to stack park when they are sold out.

After reading prior reviews, I was worried about noise. I didn't really hear much of my neighbors, only when they walked by down the hallway being obnoxious. One morning I was awakened at 3AM by someone upstairs stomping around continuously for about a half an hour. I'm assuming they had an early flight?? Other than that, it was great.

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for budget conscious travelers. You also have restaurants, fast food, a dollar store for those supplies you've forgotten, and a cheap super market just across the street.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
ciuniversal, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Universal - N. Hollywood - Burbank, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking our online survey. Your feedback is important to us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the noise and the later breakfast. Management will be imformed about it and they will deal with it the best way possible. Thank you once again for your positive review. We hope to see again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We have a very spacious room with enough room for 2 comfy beds and a sofa bed. The wifi works fine even with 4 connections from this room alone. The breakfast was quite good, with good varieties and enough tables - up the the Comfort Inn standard. However, there are quite a few areas fall below what we expect from a Comfort Inn. As most readers have pointed out the lack of enough parking area that cars will be forced to double parked or parked in undesignated spots. It is quite awkward that the hotel lobby is not connected to the elevator area - which is accessible through another outside door. The elevator does not have any ventilation and is very hot; so is the inside corridor which has an ice maker that pumps hot air back to the corridor. The hotel building is showing its age, and a major upgrade is certainly warrented. The air conditioner takes the whole day to cool down the room; the microwave oven and the mini-fridge seem to work fine - however the fridge also makes some annoying noise. Even though all these are quite minor problems, one would normally expect more if he/she is to pay the price of a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Snowbird888

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank for taking our online survey, we appriciate your feedback. On behalf of the entire staff I apologize for the inconvience you were caused. All your complaints have been taken into account and with be dealt with them immediately. We hope you will consider staying with us againg and give us a chance to provide you with a better stay. Once again I apologize for the inconvience.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Hotel is very close to Universal Studios, about a 10 min drive (no highway). My family and I just found too many negatives during our stay. We ended up getting the large suite room for 3 nights. At first we were lied to about our rooms being ready. We called after 3pm and were told that our room was specifically ready. We get there at 3:20 and low and behold, room isn't ready and wouldn't be for an hour. Needless to say, we didn't get to our room till close to 5pm. I am not sure what they did, but the room just seemed dirty (we couldn't get another room, given the other suite was taken). The free breakfast was really bad, I found a dead fly in the bread container and the lady cleaned it up as if nothing had happened, she didn't even remove the bread that the fly was touching. The food tasted processed, the eggs especially were just awful. Parking was horrible and the overall attendants just didn't seem to care... for the price we paid, I was expecting a better overall experience...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank frank v

Dear Sir/Madam,
On behalf of the entire staff here, I apologize for all the inconvince you were caused. We will notify the staff about this and make sure everything is done in a more professional manner. Once again I aplogize for all the inconvience. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Clean, comfortable, quiet, and a location convenient to the 101/134 freeway, Universal, LA Zoo, and Hollywood. A nice extra touch was 2 bottled waters and snacks provided in the room (if you are a Choice Priviledges member), which I have not seen at other choice hotels; it brightened my very, very long travel day.

There is a large grocery store (latino) directly across the street which sells food and alcohol, which I visited as my room had a fridge. Neighborhood was fine for driving (I am a caucasian female alone), and possibly even walking. There is a large metro station about 1/2 mile walk away, but I didn't actually walk it. However, I never felt unsafe here.

The parking garage is constantly manned, and yes, they sometimes need to double-park cars in lanes. However, it is all very organized with moving them if needed. The breakfast was similar to other choice breakfasts (wide selection of hot and cold foods), but the area was maintained/restocked better than average at this location. The parking and breakfast are FREE, which has been hard to find in the LA in safe locations.

The pool is outdoor with very high walls close to the sides of the pool, so it is good for swimming but not sunning. The families using it were having a nice time.

I would definitely come here again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kelly H

Dear Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. We very much appriciate your positve feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon. We will continue to provide you with an exceptional stay.

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

The man who check us in was so organized and had everything ready when we arrived. Fastest check in on our 14 day trip. Rooms were very clean and breakfast was good. Location was great because it was close to universal but the neighborhood was a bit run down would be the only negative. If you are going to Universal Studios I highly recommend the front of the line passes. We walked onto every ride. Well worth the price!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, We very much appriciate your positive feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your satisfaction is important to us. We hope to see again soon. We will continue to provide you with an exceptional stay.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I had to stay at this hotel twice this past month because it was closed to the work location. Parking was a mess...never enough for the hotel guest. To make the matter worst, the attendent has poor manner (like yelling at the hotel guest). It was like going to a third world country.
And it is not cheap compare to other hotel.
Also During checked it, I presented my Choice Privilege card so I would get rewards point. When I checked out, my reward number was never enter for me. I had to check both time I stayed here and both time it was blank.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. On behalf of the entire staff I apologize for all the inconvience you were caused. The staff will be notified about the yelling, we assure you it will not happen again. Once again I apologize for all the innconvience. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Comfort Inn & Suits

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Stayed here recently to go a taping of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Surprisingly a well kept property. The neighborhood is somewhat seedy. The pool was rather small, we didn't use it though due to easy access to the property from outside. Housekeeping was very helpful and the suite was very clean throughout.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Thank you for taking our online survey. We very much appriciate your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your satisfaction is important to us. We hope to see you here again soon. Once again Thank you for your positive feedback.